Tuesday 2 June 2009

A lovely day sewing in the garden not quite gone to plan!


Hello all you avid sewers out there!
Its been another hot day here in lancashire, and I was going to do some more sewing outside, but I just haven't got there yet! In fact the only things Ive done outside so far is water my vegetables, which hopefully are still happy out there! I'm working on a new design - it is of some birdhouses with a buzy bumble bee buzzing about. I will post pics soon!
I don't know about you, but I always have some project on the go, and quite often I have several on the go at once!
The last design I created was a cross stitch. A little angel. She actually has made it out into the garden! She is holding a pretty posie and around her are simple flowers. I love angels, and I may even believe in them! I know there are lots of you out there who do too! One of the joys of doing cross stitch is seeing the lovely texture and colours of the threads raised up above the fabric. I really enjoyed designing this one and loved sewing her. She behaved herself very well, and stayed still, even when I was doing the fiddly bits! In my next post, I will show you some stitchery, which is quite different to cross stitch, but is very satisfying to sew, and looks very effective. Its possibly more free than cross stitch (coss stitch is harder in a way to design, as you have to stick to working with squares). Will explain in another post a bit better than I have this time! Suzie X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)