Thursday 22 April 2010

When you wish upon a star.......

Happy Friday All!

Many thanks to those whose wished me and the lovely George a happy Anniversary... it was great! Also thank you to all my new friends (followers? Readers and friends,  I like those descriptions way more!) I appreciate each and every one of you, and do send you my bestest thanks! Yes, I did just say bestest! I am regressing and have decided to cooperate!

One of my Angel Angst stitcheries!

We spent our anniversary weekend relaxing and lolling about mainly. On Friday we had an Indian takeaway, which was one of the best I have tasted for a long time indeed! And... cover your ears all of you of a delicate disposition!......I ate the left overs for breakfast on Saturday morning, it was divine, it just tastes so much better the next morning! You will be pleased to hear that I did not have a beer with it though... not this time anyway ..ha ha!

In the evening on Saturday we ate in with candles and cava, music and smiles, and on the Sunday we ate out at a local Italian restaurant, which was reasonably good. I say reasonably, because being married to a undiscovered Michelin chef (No, he is not really, he is a computer manager!) we are quite fussy about our food! I haven't come across anyone who cooks as well as Chef George as of yet!



So, we had a lovely weekend, and you know it is good, when you really feel sad it is over and can't wait for the next time to celebrate. Mind you I don't need much excuse to celebrate, I would celebrate an ant walking across the floor if I got the chance! Hey, don't knock it.. that ant has a life too you know! Sometimes I just celebrate waking up in the morning!

Now it is St. George's Day sooo.......................!...................

Now, how did I meet George? Hmmmm... well, I was in a very unhappy state at the time, lost and pitiful... married, but the marriage had broken down and could not get back up, no matter how hard I had tryed. My husband then, without going into details, had caused me a lot of grief and heartache, and had a couple of times hit me. Anyway, lets just say, without any ill feeling, that the twenty year old me that married him, was ever so slightly disillusioned, and had found out the hard way that my marriage was not the Doris Day film I had hoped for!


It started with a kiss. NO it started with a slap across the chops (him to me I may add!)  on our wedding night, on the honeymoon ( when we got to our honeymoon destination, he hadn't booked anywhere to stay... it was 10pm ! And I cryed, then got slapped for crying!) and quite frankly it was a journey all the way down the slippery hill after that! I stuck it out for 6yrs, even though my Mum and Dad wanted me to leave him from the beginning, in fact they begged me not to marry him in the first place. It must have hurt like hell..... paying for a white wedding with top hats and tails, when you can't stand the groom of your daughter!  But you know how it is.. I thought  that nobody knew him the way I did! He was nearly 10 years older than me, and I hung on his every word!

Anyway, it was a Friday night, and in a moment of true despair, I wished upon a star... Please help me to know what to do I asked, please help me to be strong, please send someone or something to help me!

I adore Walt Disney's Pinocchio!

Well, on the Tuesday night my good friend Susan (of many, many years!) rang me up and asked me to go out with her for a drink. I didn't want to, I was too depressed, but she insisted, and off we went. It was February, a couple of days after my birthday, and it was snowing, and we rolled down some hills, being silly and giddy, laughing and throwing snowballs at each other. Suddenly my spirits lifted! I was young and full of boundless energy.

After we had had a couple of drinks, Susan decided to buy some chips, but that would mean using all the taxi fare, but being hungry, we went to get some. We started to walk back to my house, when she spotted some people getting into a car in the car park, and to my alarm she shouted out to them "Are you going to Carleton?". I looked at her amazed. " No, but he is" they shouted back pointing at some poor unsuspecting man fumbling with his keys. Next thing I knew Susan had run over to him, and before I knew it she was clambering into the car! So naturally ( he-hum, have you never been told not to get into a strangers car? Yoohoo! What are you doing?) I got in too.

This was me then, in THOSE dungarees with my first Old English Sheepdog Dylan, gosh I loved that dog!

The strange man drove us to Carleton and stopped by an avenue telling us that he lived down here, in other words, you can both get out now! Susan, who must have lost her sanity completely that evening asked if he would like to come to MY! house (Hello!) for a coffee. Anyway he did, and after our coffees, Susan went upstairs to go to bed, and I sat with the strange man talking, and talking and talking, telling him all, and he me, and at 8 in the morning, we were still talking. At 8 at night we were still talking, and into the night we were still talking, and talking! we talked for two whole days!  Then I thought perhaps I had better ask him to leave. For the records, there was nothing other than talking taking place here! Nothing but talking!  No eating either, except for a bit of marmite on some scraggy crusty bread I had. I had no money in those days! Come to think about it....



I was as thin as a stick (no food!), dressed in second hand (Susan's) scruffy old dungarees, with walking socks and a DIY haircut, psoriasis ridden, and stressed out. What a pitiful state I was and he still wanted to talk some more!

Yes, the strange man was George, and my wishing upon that star must have worked as we have been together ever since, and luckily he didn't turn out to be an axe man! That is how I met George! I didn't need a husband, or a traditional relationship. I needed a soul mate,and that is exactly what I got on the 7th February 1984!

Infact the day after I met George, one of our daughters who we were to adopt a few years later was born! Fate! All fate Sometimes, no all times,  I really believe we have help from real angels/forces! Of course, I don't make a habit out of getting into strangers cars, not usually anyway!, and certainly don't recommend it, but gosh, am I glad I did do that night!




So, thats all for another week, Go and wish upon a star... you never know!

Lots of love and good wishes   Suzie xxx

32 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! A true knight in shining armour! We must all than george!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzie you tell it all so beautifully. What a wonderful story too. I believe we have angels looking after us. How else are we saved sometimes when really we shouldn't be? And thank goodness you were able to get out of that relationship and move on to a happy life with George. And yes those poor parents of yours! Hope my girls don't do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George is no dumb George...he laid eyes on you and that was love written in the clouds. I loved your love story. My first husband hit me with a hockey stick when I was pregnant with his third child...I'm sad, we have this in common but life turned for the good and your wish turned into your reality. Love is powerful. I believe God hand picked my Len for me vs. I hand picked my first husband.
    Len could only be given from the hand of God to me. How many guys would talk gnomes, make me a Gnomeland and buy fairy's for me and watch Pinocchio over and over again.
    I loved seeing a picture of you, even if it was an older one. I'm plastered all over my blog today...the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly side. I had a tizzy fit yesterday but today I'm recovered and renewed and right standing.
    I'm sending you a card...just because...with my little owl story from Fairyland days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a LOVELY story- one of the best lvoe stories I have ever heard. How sweet you two are?? I do believe Angels are hard at work behind the scenes... I do believe if you talk to them in your heart, they will take the time to listen to you too, and help you along.
    This is a great post, thanks so much for sharing it will all your friends/readers/follwers!☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great love story. I think that there is someone for everyone and it is wondeful when you have your soulmate. I am very lucky and that I was pretty young when MadDad came along, but I am so blessed to have him. I know you feel the same way about George too. Sending all my love Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzie,
    What a beautiful love story! I am so happy you met such a good, caring and kind man like George, and I bet you were the star he was waiting for...
    I wish you two so much happiness now and always and guess what....??? Leftover pizza is really good for breakfast too:)
    Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Suzie - it's 6.30 in the morning and I'm sat at my computer with tears rolling down my face- what a lovely story- I was routing for the heroine from the start- wishing you lots and lots more happy, happy years together. You have inspired me to tell the story of how MrP and I first met- later- I need a coffee and a relax first...Jasmine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story Suzie!! I am so glad that you and George are so happy together! You definitely deserve him after everything you went through!!! Glad you enjoyed your anniversary weekend too!!!
    Ooops, nearly forgot, I love your wish upon a star angel stitcherie!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tears a rolling down my face, that is a beautiful story. Glad you found someone and you are really happy now. I agree with Kelly he is a knight in shining armour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You write such wonderful posts.
    The part about waking up happy everyday and celebrating life shows just how very happy you really are, and George obviously plays a huge part in that fact.
    I hope you both have a fantastic St George's Day together..x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my lovely friend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story..you're such a special person, how could you not have met George in such a special (and weird) way???!!!
    I'm sorry to hear about all the sorrow and frustration you went through during your 1st marriage, it sounds a bit like my mum's one.
    Hugs to you and George, have a wonderful weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing story, dear Suzie, and what a brave woman you are. I wish upon a star that you and your George have a wonderful happy life for many years to come.
    Lots of love and hugs your way.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzie
    Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment- what a pair we are sitting crying infront of computers early in the morning...
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like you, when I met my second husband I wasn't looking for another husband, but for different reasons entirely to you. My first husband collapsed and died suddenly when he was 29, and me 25. I moved to a new area, near my ex in-laws (though as we didn't get on, heaven knows why I did that, but I think it was because there was nowhere else to go) and my husband A lived across the road, house sharing with a Forces couple. I had noticed him, but not in a special, unforgettable way. We were introduced, we got on, it wasn't fireworks and violins. It was a gentle, loving friendship which has grown into the romance, the love of my life, and I have been sharing my life with my soul mate now for 33 years now. We were best friends first, we are best friends last. With my first husband it was love at first sight, penfriends first, met for the first time after writing for a month and were married four months later. A whirlwind of a romance, a heady affair that consumed my thoughts day and night, he consumed my thoughts day and night. Had he lived, we would still be together, but 'someone' had other ideas. I never thought I would be happy again, how wrong can you be?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I loved your story. And now I know why you are my soul sister. Another time for another tale. So glad you two had a smashingly wonderful weekend. Bless you both, Mollye and ps many, many more blissful years of talking together. Of just BEING together! Serendipity indeed

    ReplyDelete
  16. It took me about fourteen goes to read this post because I'm at work and I kept filling up! I had to go back to my work and let my eyes dry up and then come back and read some more!

    Fate, angels, or just pure old coincidence whatever it was, you and George were obviously meant to be.

    It's such a beautiful story I dont think I can write anymore else because my words won't do it justice.

    (PS. Sometimes the only reason I get takeaways is for the pleasure of eating them the next day. I'm off out on Saturday and I know for a fact that I will go to the takeaway across the road at 2am. Get a pizza. Come home. Have no intentions of eating the pizza and then tuck in to it on Sunday morning when I'm watching Hollyoaks!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzie,

    Happy anniversary to you and George! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

    I loved your story of how you two met. Such a warm and wonderful one if unusual one. Ah the talking all night long. I have experienced a few of those in the past.

    Actually last weekend I had heard a song that brought back a very lovely and romantic moment in my life. I have been thinking about doing a post about how we sometimes have memories that are all about love or a relationship and others that are just about moments in time.

    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory of yours. Hope you have another wonderful weekend.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous story... Mr P is my soul mate, I can be thinking of something during the day and when he gets home start saying "I was wondering if we could do..... " and he'll look at me in amazement as he had been thinking about the same thing at work! we are so very connected...

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing story, I loved reading it. My daughter spotted Dylan over my shoulder when I was reading and there was a lot of loud oohhing and aahhing.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such a beautiful story. I've come away feeling you really deserve George in your life! Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Suzie - I'm smiling here - not for the bad bit - I hate the bad bit - but you got out thank Goodness. How wonderful how really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness, Suzie! Thank you so much for sharing your story and baring your soul. First, congratulations on your anniversary. I love Indian food - I could probably eat it for breakfast if there were any left to eat! LOL But I was so touched at reading your charming love story with George. What a true knight in shining armor.
    Enjoy this weekend with your beloved!
    xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm pleased that you both had a great anniversary weekend Suzie. Your stitchery is great :) Love the photo of a younger you too..
    What can I say about your story?....The ending is 'Perfick'. :0)
    Thankyou for leaving wonderful comments on my blog..they really make my day.
    Have a wonderful weekend Suzie.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful ending to your story!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a lovely, lovely story. What a happy ending. Am so pleased that you stopped the world that day and got off at such a lovely place!
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi: What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am so glad God gave you George. I love the happy ending. I have read your story twice. It has just blessed me. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you everybody! Love reading your comments! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. it sounds like you and george had a lovely anniversary, i hope you have many happy more! oh does that make sense? fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. That was so beautiful....sniff! I wish & wish that Paul would get better (sometimes the wishes aren't that kind...LOL) But that damn fairy aint listening! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fantastic story and prove if ever there was any that what’s meant to be will happen!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I came over from pinkfeather's blog to see what you were painting and continued to read your posts until I reached this one.

    First, Happy Anniversary to both you and George and I hope you have many many more years together.

    Second, my 2nd husband is my soulmate. We met online while playing an rpg and spent the next 12 hours typing back and forth to each other. After 10 months of letters and phone calls, he flew over from Europe to Canada to meet me. Our eyes met and we knew he was coming home, it was as if we'd only been apart a few weeks, as if he'd been on a business trip. We've never been apart since and this year will be our 10th anniversary.

    My first husband turned out be very abusive and it took 19 years to end that relationship with my life and my children intact.

    Wishes do come true, you just have to be patient. :)

    Angel

    PS. Your paintings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fabulous post! I am not even sure where to begin...but oh how I adore your art work!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)