Thursday 8 July 2010

Farewell for now Peeps!

Hello my lovely friends!

How the jolly heck are you all?  Good and spiffing tip-top I hope.

Oh, I have been naughty this week letting myself loose around the shops! Obviously, ( no, really! Obviously!) it was necessary to buy some items with which to dress the house. Well thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!  It is all part of the makeover George! Wink wink!

 I couldn't resist these little birdies! Now could I?!!!

And I couldn't resist this ever so cute set of hooks!

The picture doesn't do this candle holder justice, I can't wait to see the lovely warm red glow! 


Ahhhh, there it is!


Finally, this gorgeous natural heart... I love hearts!  I was actually going to put this one away for my friend Susan for Christmas, but when I went around to her house for a coffee I saw that she already has two!

Another expense , this one very necessary indeed, was a trip to the opticians to finally have an eye test, and be fitted with some much needed new glasses. Well, I have been very fretful about going to the opticians since the optician last time (over 2 1/2 years ago) told me that the reason why he was taking an awfully long time looking at the back of my eyes, was because I had had cancer, and you can sometimes see things!  Oh dear! The absolutely worst thing he could have said. I am supposed to go quite often as the chemotherapy has made eyes deteriorate quicker, but I haven't been because of what he said!


Anyhow, I was a bit nervous, and hated the back of the eye photographs etc! You can imagine what I felt like then when she told me that one of the bits at the back of my eyes (can't remember what it was called!) was bigger than the other and I needed further tests! Yikes! I actually felt like leaving!  Errrr no, running!  Anyway, it was all fine, and I now await my glasses so that I can actually see to sew and draw properly again!  Phew!

On a lighter note, the lady behind the counter asked George if we were together, to which George replied... "yes,..... unfortunately!"        Ha ha ha! Funny man!

I have spent another busy bee week with paint brushes a painting! The stable door has had numerous coats, and yet still remains, well frankly, not so good. I think I need to go and get some more paint!  I got a cheaper make you see, which has now turned into a more expensive one!



My invisible horse was not impressed at all, as he couldn't look out of his door whilst I was heavily armed with wet paint brush!  He did offer to help by using his tail, but it would have been far too messy to have been of any real help.  :o)   Sooooo.... we stopped for a bite to eat instead. By the way, I'm the one with the moustache!


No sewing done, no art work either.... just too darn busy I am afraid.  At night I have found, as the light fails, so does my eyesight, and I can no longer (maybe I will be able to when my new glasses arrive) enjoy the delights of embroidery or cross-stitch of an evening watching TV, as I used to do.   However, I can knit! I can actually knit without my glasses on, and only really need them on to read the pattern, so I have been making a cardie in the evenings!


I can do basic knitting really, and so far have done the back, and front sides, and half a sleeve, but I couldn't say at all if I will manage the collar, edges and button holes! I have never actually knitted anything like this before! So wish me luck!

Do you want to hear something funny?  Well, you may remember a while ago, me telling you that post cancer, I have been trying to find insurance. Do you remember? Well, not being one to give up easily, I had yet another shot at it.  I recieved my quote the other day.... ho ho ha hee ha ho hee ha ha hee haw hee haw!  Are they mad????  £230 a month just for moi! Not a chance on earth!  George's is about £25, or something like that!  I shall therefore continue to remain just as useless dead, as I am alive!  Huh-hum, moneywise that is! Shhhh -shhhhush George! No one asked for you opinion!!

This week I received  these beautiful felts which I won in a giveaway from Annie at The Felt Fairy. They are in such soft gorgeous pastels, and I had been hoping to show Annie, and you,  something which I had made with them, but no... nothing at all to show yet! Sorry, maybe soon though!  Thank you so much Annie!



Next week the ever suffering George is off work and we should at last (!) be having the kitchen installed. So over the weekend we will be tearing out cupboards, pulling up the flooring and ripping off the tiles.  It will be all go here for quite some time to come, so I may or may not be taking a blog break for a short while. If I do, I will still try to find some time to catch up on your blogs!  If I am not a round for a couple of weeks you won't forget all about little old me will you?!! Promise?


 Love to you all,  goodbye for now.... won't be away long I hope!

Suzie xxxx

45 comments:

  1. Oooh Suzie there has been some money changing hands hasn't there!

    How exciting that you're having your kitchen installed, can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping you in my prayers, dear friend! Hugs to you...if you need to talk, please write to me! Take care of yourself! Your buddy, Diane ♠

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I LOVE the treasures you found, Suzie. So wonderful. And I love the color of the sweater you're knitting. Stay well and have a wonderful weekend! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun and hopefully not stressful adventure for you this coming week. Remodeling and building can go either way depending on the help. lol I love your house finds, the candle holder is gorgeous!
    I can sympathize with you about the optometrist. I have to go in yearly and have glaucoma testing along with everything else. Me who the doctor has to pry her eyes open to touch it for 2 seconds. I have the same problems with fading light. Do colours change for you too? I've had some interesting colour matching when I've tried to do work later in the evenings.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and coming week. You'll be missed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heart skipped a beat when I read farewell peeps. I thought you were closing your bloggy. Oh what would I do without you. I am so glad you are getting your new glasses. And everything you're doing around the house is beautiful, warm, cozy and inviting and just the least bit edgy. Love you suzie, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we won't forget about you.
    But, do hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness it's all go at your house! You've bought some beautiful things. I love hearts too. They make a house more inviting i think. Knitting looks good! You've been painting too, i'm impressed by your energy levels.
    Good luck with the new kitchen, look forward to seeing it after it's done. Bye! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the buys especially the pretty hearts.
    Hope the kitchen fitting goes well. My husband is a bit like George, he comes out with quips like that when asked if we are together!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I just love all your " must haves " too !!!
    Your cardi looks great. I finally got my eyes tested last year as I simply couldn't see the instructions on packaging & medicines !

    Lovely post as always Suzie - see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the kitchen goes well, look forward to having you back :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I may be away longer than intended so we'll enjoy our break together :)
    You have exquisite taste hunni, I love everything you bought and now feel the need to go shopping, don't think Rich will be too happy but, I of course will blame you ;)
    See you soon lovely

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love your essential buys! That red candle holder is really lovely.

    Hope you have fun (?) getting your kitchen redone. And enjoy your break. Hope to see your made over kitchen and you soon.

    Take care.

    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good grief as if we wolud forget about you!!

    I really badly need to go to get my eyes tested again. I haven't been for a long time and I know my eyes have got worse. Before I used to be able to manage without my glasses but now I need them all the time - I had to ask an old lady to tell me what number bus was coming the other day - so embarassing!!

    The first picture of the candle holder with the birds on it is just beautiful.

    YIKES about the insurance though. Clearly you're worth a million pounds though :)

    Good luck with the kitchen - looking forward to seeing it in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good luck pulling your kitchen apart, I can't wait to see the finished results. Make sure you take plenty of before and after photos.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely spending Suie! Good luck with the new kitchen. I have the same problem with insurance and with holiday insurance too! So I just go about uninsured- I'm figuring no-one will leave me in the street for the dustbin men if I pop off- I hope anyway!!
    New foal alert for this coming week - again I hope anyway!! I will let you know if one appears.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suie, I don't know if they amuse you as much as they do me but you know the little non-word you have to copy when posting a comment? The one that just came up posting my comment to you was 'nonsive' I quite like it - I may start using it... "I feel a bit nonsive today!" Jx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Suzie, i adore your purchases, especially that lamp, which i think you should give to me!!!! I'm so in love with it. Always enjoy reading your blog, good luck with your kitchen. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How the hell can we forget about YOU????! Brilliantly funny, super talented & a complete joy to know. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wait a darn minute! Don't go...STOP...I said...WHOA...STOP...no you don't...come back here...You are having dinner at Aunt Hatties Hut tonight...even if you didn't know it!
    Say-la-vee my dear heart...until we meet again. I shall now get out my pink hankie and weep, weep, weep...for you shall be missed...guilt trip sent!
    Love, just kiddin...Love sent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzie, That George! I think some more "house dressing" and winking is in order!
    I did some painting myself this week. We painted our tv/guest room a delicious cocoa brown. I love it! I didn't have an imaginary horse to contend with, but I did have a bouncy puppy who seemed to be eveywhere at once!
    I hope your kitchen is done very soon-house projects are so disruptive but so worth it in the end.
    Glad your precious eyes are ok too-I need to see about getting new glasses as I'm not 20/20 at the moment and am tired of crashing about like the bull in the china closet!
    Have a wonderful weekend, and I can't wait to catch up with you again:)
    Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh that george is a kidder! your kitchen will look lovely and worth all the hassle! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzie, new to your blog as you are to mine. But you are taking a break, so I look forward to your return and to get to know you better and to learn a thing or two.
    You CAN say that you are part Nova Scotian! That area of NS is fabulous! Have a good break and have have with the new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too need to go to the opticians but just as I get my head above water something else needs paying so will have to wait until I have sufficient funds. I definately need another eye test as reading tins etc.. when I shop is becoming somewhat embarresing I have to keep asking the assistant to read them to me!!!!! Sad to see you have no illustrations up, I always look forward to your art work it has such a beautiful,gentle,ethereal quality to it, it excites me and reminds me of the old illustrations in my childhood fairy tale books. Anyway have a splendid weekend, I am off to spend some money that I don't have!
    Take care Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck doing the new kitchen Suzie, so exciting! We did it ourselves last year and so so happy with it, all white :)
    Enjoy the blog break and wishing you a beautiful Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck with your eye tests, I know it is not nice but you have to do it in order to been healthy... my mother has had almost 5 eye Surgeries and I know it is difficult but she is better now...I didn't know a lot of things about you until this post... thank you for sharing

    have a nice weekend
    mariapalito

    ReplyDelete
  26. that blog title scared me...thought you were giving up on us. lovely cardigan by the looks of it. cant wait to see what becomes of your felt :)
    xxrosey

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi babe - that candle thingy is WELL magical! Where did you find it?
    Hope you get your glasses soon! John had to go for his 2nd (6monthly) eye test this morning and he needs a new prescription. He needs distance glasses, but isn't too keen on wearing them, so will have to think of something to encourage him - unfortunately he's not likely to believe they'll give him super-powers, so will have to be a bit more creative than that!
    Good luck with the kitchen! When ours was done, it was complete chaos!!!!!!!!
    Look forward to having your blog back when you're ready, lotsa luv always, Ro. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suie! I have a Rowan! (Summerwood Dragonfly Moonshine) He is just perfect!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck with the kitchen - no doubt you will have an amusing tale or two to tell afterwards! Love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Hunni
    I just thought I'd pop over to catch up with you. I must say you never fair to make me smile with your amusing tales lol.
    Look's like you've had a great time picking out some lovely new things for your house. I adore the bird, candle holder in the top picture.

    You've just reminded me that I haven't actually had my eye's tested since before River was born ( and he's coming up 5 now) ooooppps But Like you I shall probably put it of for a bit longer hehehe.
    Hope your doing OK
    Big (((((hugs)))))
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh suzie I LOVE a good shop I was on Etsy at 7am this MORNING! In fact please check out my post today as i am sure you will love my Bloggy friends Etsy creations - please do check her out when you have a moment xxx I ADORE the birdy candle holder, that is so pretty! Hope you have managed to fit in some tree hugging as well as decorating this week - much love Kitty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. That sounds like excellent fun Suzie. We'll be waiting for you to pop back when it's all finished. Mind you don't forget to give the horse an apple for his trouble, and maybe George too.
    Luv Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi sister, I kept saying to myself...it is friday but It seems like Suzie said this last week, and then it hit me...SHE DID. My senses leave me entirely for periods on end. There is an award for you at my bloggy! Love and miss you, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Suzie: I want to first start off with I am sorry. I hope you will forgive me. I did get your lovely gifts and I had every intention of thanking you. I thought I did, in fact. Please forgive me. I love the art work you sent me. I have no excuse, but old age. Please forgive me for not thanking you sooner. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow can't believe I have only just found this lovely blog full of the things I love. Where of where did you get that gorgeous birdy candle holder?

    ReplyDelete
  36. What lovely new things!!! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just wanted to stop by and say HELLO and tell you that I am thinking about you! Hope you are doing good and that you are better! I'm keeping you in my prayers! Have a good week, sweet friend! ♥♥♥ I'm sending you some HUGS! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  38. i always admire your art work- so beautiful x
    love the treats and treasures- especially the hearts- love the new back door too- lovely cottge style ;0)xx best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Suzie! Thank you for taking the time to say hello even if you're not blogging, hope you have a great weekend! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Suzie, Dear Suzie...I thought I was busy!
    LOVING your purchases, I want to steal those hooks!
    Mucho smiles from just across the way,
    Lucy. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. My dear, how could we ever forget you? I got your sweet little package and it made me smile like you would not believe! I have a blog post about it for later in the week (i'll email you to let you know when). It was exactly what I needed! Can not wait for your return and good luck with all you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Suzie, thanks for your comment I am really looking forward to the course, I have done quite a bit of sewing so don't really know at what level it will be aimed at, been on a bit of a downer about work so enrolling on the course has given me a really good boost, well that and along with visiting my friend at the weekend who always makes me feel great when i get home.
    Hope you are okay and keeping well? miss your blogging.
    Take care, hugs Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Suzie -- I stopped over because of the comment you left on Penny's blog the other day. I could relate to what you said about your struggles with your adopted children's emotional issues. I have a daughter with RAD and it is just about killing me. You seem like a great lady. I wish you peace and joy and good health.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)