Thursday 26 August 2010

A Peek at my kitchen Makeover! Come and have a gander!

Hello!
Well its been a long time coming, but our kitchen makeover is nearly, very nearly finished! Hurray! hoorah! Dippy do-dah! (Backward flip somersault!) At last I can prepare a meal once again without searching the rooms downstairs to find a vital implement, to return to said kitchen to find a burnt offering! Do you remember what it was like before?



Well heres a peek.....





So? What do you think? This has been a very low budget production. The Kitchen cupboards and sink were all bought second hand from my Friend Karen (hello Karen if you are reading this! Big hugs!) for £200! Of course you have to add on the price for fitting, worktop, tiles, cooker, hob and flooring, but it was done with very tight purse strings! It just needs some shelves putting up, for my bits and bobs (you know, all those pretty finishing off touches!) and the kicker boards.

What other news?  More kindness in blogland! A surprise envelope in the post from Jacqueline at Once upon a Fairyland.  An envelope filled with kindness and love from a very special lady and friend. Lots of owlishness just for me. Words which thank me for being real, and putting out what is in my heart. Thank you Jacqueline, your words mean more than I can say. In the beautiful note Jacqueline suggest that I put one of the owl stickers onto George's head while he sleeps for good luck! So funny! It will complete his new look of wearing odd shoes! So glad that that gave so many of you a good laugh in last weeks post!


 



And hey!  I won a giveaway. Yes I did! The very lovely Joe at Josie-Mary has sent me these lovely goodies! How lucky am I? Very, I'd say. How wonderful to think of an owl for me Joe! It is filled with lavender, and smells delish!  The brooch is divine and the photograph really does not do it justice. You are so talented and clever Joe!  I love each and every one of your gifts! Thank you! Do visit her, if you haven't all ready, she makes the most beautifully (and skillfully made) gorgeous goodies!



Some sweeties too, yum! What a sweet shopping bag with dashhounds on and some lovely Emma Bridgewater tissues which I will keep in my handbag.  Ahh the Union Jack! .........and talking of union Jacks.... there is more to report....

The lovely George and I have decided that 4 years without a holiday is quite enough! So we are going to London for a few days! And then a two night stay in the cotswolds on the way home.  I love London, all those museums and art galleries to explore. I shall be letting you all know how it goes! So the Tissues will be going with me Joe, in my little Cath Kidson Handbag to see all the very Englishnessness of London! All those red Double deckers!


This reminded me, that as a child, after watching Cliff Richard's film, Summer Holiday, I announced to my long suffering Mum, that when I grew up I was going to live in a double decker bus (red... it just has to be red!), adopt some children and have an Old English Sheepdog. Well, I did adopt some children (3), and I did get my Old English (4 so far!) but as of yet I have not lived in a bus! If I had done, it would look have looked something like this inside!


Ha ha, I somehow don't think I will get my bus! But stranger things have happened.  Oooh Cath Kidston, squeal, squeal! I must go to the London branch (one of them!), I shall be like a child on E-numbers let loose in a sweetie shop! Watch this space girls! (and any boys too!)

Ta ta old beans until next week! Have a jolly spiffing weekend and week!

Susie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

34 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks beautiful! I know you'll enjoy it! Love your treasures! It's so much fun to get surprises! ♥ Hugs!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitchen! It's so cute and I love the red accents!
    I hope George and you have a simply MARVELOUS holiday in London too!!
    Love, and hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for recognizing the 'boys'!
    Your kitchen looks great. I love that 'outside' door.....very handy I bet. And the cupboards were 2nd hand? Lucky you.

    Have a great time in London Suzie!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think a bus would be very fun. You really should do that one day. I love how your other dreams came true. I would love to have a gypsy type caravan to live in and decorate just how I fancy. Wouldn't that kind of life be more fun?

    Now back to you lovely new kitchen! I do love the new look esp the cool door. I have my eye on some fancy red scales just like yours too. Red is so cheerful and I'm glad to see your red gingham curtains were allowed to stay.

    I do hope you enjoy your little jaunt into the big smoke. I'm sure you'll have a super duper time away. Hope it's not too busy for you. Please check George's outfit before he leaves each day. I don't think the city folk would cope with different shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It's lovely Suie! Have a fab London trip.........xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip to London, I was planning on going next week. This is the 2nd week I've had off since Zoe went but like you I feel guilty for going :( Silly isn't it?
    Your Kitchen looks lovely, loving the red bits. Glad you liked your goodies :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kitchen is looking great, I am very jealous of your stable door. Have a great time in London and the beautiful Cotswolds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely kitchen. Have a good time in London cannot wait to see the pics!
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your kitchen makeover Suzie! It looks really lovely and bright. Loved the picture with the sun shining through! We have not seen it all for at least a week. I love decorating but hate the mess! We have had our house all topsy turvy for a few weeks making good two of our bedrooms for our girls! Ah the mess!

    Hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy yourselves!( Love the picture of the red bus i have that exact same one in my hall!)

    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi darling! The kitchen is looking fab!
    Have a great time in London..and remember to check Mr George's shoes before leaving!LOL!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kitchen looks amazing, I love the colour of your new cupboards, very light and airy and bright and breezy - looks well worth the drama of getting it fitted!

    You absolutely deserve a break, hope you have a wonderful time in London town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen looks great especially with all the splashes of red,my favourite colour in a kitchen. Enjoy london you so deserve a holiday , We are off there again for a day this weekend too , hopefully we won't get too wet.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kitchen looks fab and have a fab holiday. Really you did the best thing I think, my nephew had his nose just about taken off (it was hanging by a small bit of skin) by a dog that was ok most of the time but then turned. That dog is still alive as he attacked him on his own land - bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAB kitchen !!! You have a lovely guilt free time - you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The kitchen is looking fantastic! What a difference. I love your gifts too really pretty.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new kitchen is beautiful, great makeover.
    Enjoy your trip to London.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do make me laugh, just had a vision of you backflipping across the kitchen! made me giggle. I hope you have a lovely time in London, I live a 20min train journey away so take it for granted. I hope the sun shines for you.
    Hugs Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Carol, I know you haven't got a blog, so I will thank you here instead! xx
    Vera! That was funny! How do you know I didn't..ha ha! Lucky you 20 mins away from London! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow the kitchen looks amaxing my dear freind and the holiday, well dont feel bad you deserve it. Enjoy London and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzie the kitchen is so airy and clean. It totally looks as if you've added more square feet to it just by the do-over. Now just think of all the lucious tea time dainties you'll be preparing for George and yourself. Oh tell us which comes next on the home make-over project. The color scheme and the entire look reflects your cheery personality and I love it and I love you too! Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful new kitchen, Suzie! I love it - it's so nice and light and airy. And look at all the owl goodness - what lovely treasures you received. Dear Suzie - you DESERVE a little holiday. I think it's just what the doctor ordered. It sounds fabulous, and I wish you a most lovely time! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a perfect kitchen!!! Well done you!
    And how wonderful to be heading to London, and the Cotswolds!! I know what you mean about not wanting to leave a troubled dog. Our last dog, a large chow chow, went blind at five years of age and from then on was rather aggressive with people outside the family. Leaving him was almost impossible. The year he died, we were gone almost every month! He lived to be ten years old, so five years without a proper holiday was toooo long! Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your kichen and I wish we had managed to do ours on a budget... we are hopefully on the last stretch though... fingers crossed!
    I especially love your stable door... does your horse like the new kitchen makeover?
    What superb goodies you have received... and you have a lovely time in London and the Cotswolds... you really derserve it... big hugs to you both
    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow fab kitchen transformation it look sgreat -I love all your cute kitchen knick knacks in your display cabinet especially the little doll at the top! Well we are off to Madeira next week and i am also so lookign forward to a holiday! I thought a year a half was a loooong time to wait but four years deffo deserves a London treat - have a great time - cant wait to see any purchases you might make xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You make me blush with all the sweet goodness said about me. I want to hide my head in the clean laundry basket...blush...blush.

    I'm delighted you are going away. On my bucket list is going to Scotland and also going to the Cotswolds. One of my favorite books is The Shellseekers by Rosamund Pilcher. I have been to England in June one year and raindrops poured down but I played tourist and loved all the sights of London. I also stayed in a place called Totten. Not sure of the spelling. Can't remember now..that's way back when...

    I'm buzy dancing down the street doing the Cha-Cha-Cha and you are right there with me.

    Chat when you return...love sent...and luck, and prayers and pixie dust and lucky charms!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I declare that imaginary horse should be well pleased with his new stable door; and such a shabby chic kitchen that all imaginary horses should aspire to! It was worth the effort. Enjoy your hols.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so in love with the kitchen make over, it looks amazing! You totlly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful Kitchen! Enjoy it! Have a lovely trip to London too! I'd love to go back one day. I've lots of happy memories from my year there living in Victoria and working in the civil service (yeh, not all great!). Sounds like your due a fun trip! Bye x.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The kitchen looks amazing! I love the cabinets and the countertop. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your kitchen looks fabulous!! You must be really pleased! James and I are finally getting round to decorating the kitchen this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your kitchen looks great, I'm planning on having a re-do on my kitchen very soon!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your new kitchen looks brill I love it!
    The back door looks fab. I am really impressed by how you have done so much and kept to a small budget. It has really inspired me to revamp my own kitchen now, so thanks for that Suzie :)
    Hope you both have a "spiffing" time away...x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Suzie, just to let you know that theres an award over at mine ... if you'd like it! ;D

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Sweetpea! Have a lovely weekend, hope everything is well with you and yours!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)