Monday 19 August 2013

Bunny rabbits and faraway castles!

What am I like? Considering I used to blog every Friday no fail, I have let things slip. just a bit.. last time was June I think!

What have I been doing.. well,  I have just listed my latest Needle Doodle/embroidery hoop art on my Etsy shop.  




Here is my original watercolour painting which it originated from....



These needle doodles take such a long time to make and sew. The process starts with very carefully drawing the design onto calico fabric, which is a natural and slightly uneven cloth and makes a steady hand and eyes quite key! Sadly my eyes are a bit wonky these days, and I need new glasses as mine are worn out and bent from a certain Old English Sheepdog called Dottie Dollie who decided that they made a tasty treat!



Next of course is all the sewing.. takes ages and ages...hours,  but what a good excuse to sit and watch things on the TV which I normally wouldn't take time to do. I have some vital equipment I need before I get started.. a needle, threads, beads, etc, and most importantly.. a pot of tea.. ha ha!

When the sewing is complete, beads, applique and other embellishments too, I have to hot glue it into place in the wooden embroidery hoop and hot glue a thick calico backing onto it, which I stamp and sign.

Phew, I feel worn out now! Now I am off to start another one!

Have a happy week Peeps! Suzie xxx

8 comments:

  1. Well hello there Suzie!! Long time no see. Glad to see you are still just as clever as before and making such pretty things. I just love the wall hanging!! The girl's skirt is so pretty and the bunny adorable. How have you been anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad Sarah, and lovely to hear from you by the way! I only was having a couple of weeks break... oh dear! Are you going to come back too? xxx

      Delete
  2. I Love all your artwork, it is so beautiful! And I love embroidery! I have changed my e-mail address as I have moved so will give it to you.
    morethan86@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much kerrie!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful works of art! And a faraway castle...oh how we all love that! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah here you are ! Lovely to have you & your gorgeous drawings & stitchings back xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if it isn't you, Suzie!! So good to see you and thanks for the 'nudge' at my post today.
    Your work is as good as ever. Ron taught me to embroider way back in the 70's when we first met. I decorated my jeans and 'cut-offs' with flowers and mushrooms!!! It was fun and relaxing.
    I like how you do the watercolour first and go from there.
    have a good week and see you soon.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you back! :) What a lovely piece of art! You are truly talented, Suzie.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)