Thursday 23 September 2010

AND THE WINNER IS .........................TA DAH..........

Happy Friday Peeps!



This one certainly crept up on me!  This week has seen more work being done on the house, and it feels as if it is never-ending sometimes!  The new french doors are now installed and performing their new task of framing and inviting the back garden into the sitting room with a  gusto.  I will take another shot of them opened another time, as I am not allowed to open them yet. Have to let it all set.

 Isn't everything all Autumny all of a sudden?  I have been gathering in the harvest!

 There are still lots of apple to pick!..... No there are not only two apples!


Take a look at all those red hot chili peppers! This is the last batch, we have about 4 bags stored now, and they may be tiny, but they are hot. George loves hot food, I mean really hot, bring me that fire extinguisher hot, hot! 

There is also a tiny new window in the shower room. This being our very impatient shower room, which wants a makeover too, and in protest of waiting too long, has now sprung a leak which has caused me to trot up and down stairs every hour to empty the bucket. Obviously I have forgotten a few times, which results in the utility room beneath flooding. In fact I think it is a while since I last did it! Ooops, back in a mo!

Oh dear!

Another glimpse of the kitchen, which now has the floor down, and a rather large hairy dog in it too!



At the moment though, I am confined to my work room with the dogs, this is the only place left to hide! I have music playing  (The Eels, I love them! Got every cd of theirs I think!) so the dogs can't hear the banging, and the curtains shut so they can't see the man on the ladder! I hope the man on the ladder doesn't think me rude! In this room sits my PC, and so I am writing my blog this week on there instead of on my laptop. So this week I have my 'Z' back.. yippee I can be Suzie again!  I wonder what I could do... hmmmmm, maybe have a mess on my sewing machine?


This is my lovely naughty, indulgence, it was expensive, but I treated myself to it when my Mum died, with some money that she left me.  However it is ages since I did any sewing, with all the work and upsets over the last few months. But I seriously  think is time to get sewing again, after all I am called itch2stitch aren't I!

I have a confession... I am Suzie and I am a gadgetholic! I simply cannot resist the urge to collect little gadgets for sewing, strange feet for my sewing machine, objects which promise to make the job easier or more professional......elastic guides, jean-a-jumps, measuring gauges... I view these objects as vital, magic, essential when I buy them, and then I simply put them in here.....


And then rarely use them!

I love the idea of patchwork and quilting, but I have only ever taken baby steps with it so far. This, which is so basic it is not true, was going to be  a bed cover, but never got finished.  It is made from dresses which my daughters wore when they were little, some shop bought dresses and some which I made for them. So each square holds special memories.



Whilst rooting about in my room I came across this embroidery which surprise, surprise, is also unfinished. It is a tablecloth, or should I say it will be one day if it ever gets finished!


 How about this for some sewing inspiration? I took some pics in the V&A on our hols in London,  Iranian fabric I think.  Isn't it beautiful? Can you see how you could use this design  (and the gorgeous colours too!) in an embroidery or some quilting, etc.?  Or, Sarah if you are reading, don't they remind you of colourful doilies?


It is amazing how much inspiration you can find by just looking at things that little bit closer. 

Ooooh and I love this fireplace! I would love to have one like this, perhaps in a garden room, with white furniture and lots of comfy colourful pretty cushions? Oooh yes please!



Now to the winner of one of my drawings.......


The winner is........ Mummy Boo Bear! Congratulations!  Let me know your posting details and also what colour you prefer, as you didn't mention that  in your comment and I shall get on to it as soon as possible! I can just do it in the colours you saw on my last post if you wish, it is entirely up to you. If I ever emerge from my work room that is!

Thank you all for joining in the fun, and there may be another chance for you to win again in a few weeks, if you would like too.  And may I say a big thank you to all my new followers too (and my old ones!), it cheers me, and makes me feel happy inside to 'meet' you here! Thank you for taking the time to visit me and leave your lovely comments. :)

Until next week, I wish you all good things. I am off to empty that darn bucket again!

Suzie xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. You MUST, must finish the patchwork from your daughters dresses! What a fabulous piece of history! Don't you just adore the V&A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw that fabulous fabric!! And to think you thought of me when you saw it too - too sweet. I really must have it! Aren't the colours beautiful as well as the design? Very nice.

    Must we feel sorry for you being locked in your work room? Really Suzie! It could have been the kitchen you know. Oh the fun you could have in there. You really must finish that quilt for your girls. It's beautiful and something we all wish for ourselves. Such wonderful memories for them.

    Sorry to hear about your leak. I think you need to get a bigger bucket and maybe a tray to go under it. You couldn't move the bath could you?!! Good luck with all that. Lovely to hear from you this Friday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are progressing then!
    I love the patchwork and the wisteria? embroidery on your 'almost' tablecloth LOL!
    If you get tired of your machine.... I'd love one like that and all the gadgets...you'd never get me off it, except when dinners ready!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what posh new doors! You stay hidden away in that work room & finish that patchwork....it's beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt which you must must finish and what a lovely idea, I think I'll get some of Caitlins pretty dresses she has outgrown and make a quilt for Caitlin!!!
    Can't wait to see the french door in use, are you going to dress them with curtains?
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kitchen is looking very lovely - incredibly jealous of those fancy dancy doors! You can sit inside in the warmth and look out at all the rain - very comforting.

    And echoing everyone else - you have to finish that patchwork - it's so beautiful and has huge massive doses of significant value. Get thee behind your sewing machine woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Suzie,

    Well gosh firstly may I say thank you! Wow I cant believe I have won you lovely and talented drawing! What a lovely surprise. I will e-mail you will all my details.

    That patchwork top is beautiful and made up of so many colourful memories, you simply must finish it. Although i know how tricky this can be. I have done a patchwork top but just felt too overwhelmed to finish it. Such a lot of work goes into the patchworking. But I am sure you could finish it and it will look amazing!

    Loving your new patio doors, although its a nightmare when you have work done to the house there is something lovely about it once its done. And taken refuge in you work room cant be bad, imagine all that playtime! lol.

    Take care


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning little Suzie Q. I was wondering what you do with your peppers to keep them over the winter. How are they stored? Love the new french doors. What a view. Have a happy weekend little sweet sister. Love, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I have always wanted frnch doors! I have no where they would fit, but all the same!!!!
    I love that fire place, increadible! Enjoy your workspace!
    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. At the rate you are going you won't want to move out of your house.
    The doors look fab...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone who is called Mummy Boo Bear in my book is fine with me. Congrats to our winner. I'm sure Suzie will spoil you rotten!!! Tee hee..no not rotten apples...rotten with love!

    Hi sugar! Good to read your post and see all that you have been up to. Love the quilt especially and the fireplace...we could sit and warm our toes by it and talk till the wee hours of the morning.

    I'm off to work just part time at our local (actually they have 1000 stores) craft store. Have you heard of Michaels? On my first day of training they sent me on a scavenger hunt through the store to look for items. I got into the sewing isle and thought of you. All the notions looked like wonderful craft potions for Suzie! Then I went to the thrift store and found this fabulous bag of whatnots and what fors. It had all kinds of pink goodies..knitting needles and buttons and brads and eyelets and all kinds of tools. What a joy ride you would have been on.

    Kiss that cute pooch for me...Gosh, he's so adorable, gotta love the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely post Suzie with a " Z " ! What a sweet patchwork. I LOVE that chest of drawers you have full of bits & bobs. Giggled about you hiding from the man up the ladder - have you made him lots of cups of tea ? When we had an extention at our old house the builders' drank buckets full of " Builders' tea " !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow the house is coming along isnt it. Have you got Ells new album? I too agree that you should finnish the patchwork, what an heirloom that will be. Take are my dear freind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzie! The new doors are so lovely. Your kitchen looks so bright and cozy. Many congratulations to your very lucky winner. Hope you have a great week! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky winner! I love your doggy too! and I am exactly the same with all the necessary gadgets I have to buy and then stash for a rainy day. I truly believe they will make my projects better and perhaps they would if I ever used any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed reading this post Suzie! You made me laugh about being a gadgetaholic! The quilt made from your daughters dresses is gorgeous - you are clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are well Suzie and have had a great few weeks. I love this time of year and congrats to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is looking lovely. I'm armed with a paintbrush myself this weekend. I'm hoping to get both the bathroom and spare room done! Fingers crossed for me,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi SuZie! :-)
    Your home is looking great, well done on your hard job!
    Sigh, such a shame we couldn't met up, it would have been lovely if massive coaches full of UK bloggers would have come to London for meeting me, ha ha! Just kidding!
    Enjoy the rest of your week, I'll be back in 2 days!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Autumn Suzie! Don't feel bad about unfinished projects-winter will come soon enough and then you can do more indoor stuff and also use some of your gadgets too ( this is also my plan for myself!!) In the meantime it's so nice be outside on a lovely fall day!!
    Have a great weekend! xx Valerie
    (This is short because I've misplaced my glasses LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You might have the cutest dog I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cool! Excited to see you starting to do stuff like this. I’m still just a hack, of course, but I learn so much when I get the chance to tag along when you’re shooting. Plus with your knowledge of photographing Viet Nam, this should be an amazing trip for people.



    cheap eden gold
    Tera Account
    Tera Items

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)