Friday 18 December 2009

Ding Dong merrily on high!

Hello all you little christmas elves out there! Thank you to all who wished my arm well! It is a lot better now thank you! Although I do still feel a bit achey, with a sore throat, but nothing too bad!




Well, I don't know about you but I don't think that it harms sometimes to do a good spot of self mocking! It is good for the soul I think to have a darn good laugh at one's self.  For instance, a couple of weeks ago, I dyed my hair orange! Yes, you did read that right, orange! Satuma surprise! No, the hair dye wasn't called that! I have toned it down a bit now, but when will I learn to take my glasses with me when I go to the shops!?  It was supposed to be light brown, but it actually said light auburn. When I put it on, it must have reacted with my blonde highlights. (that I also self appy)




I bought these little angels (there are two!) without my glasses on too, the price tag to my Mr. Maggoo eyes read £9.99 for the pair, the price tag to eyes that can actually see read £19.99. So it was a good job that I had enough money in my purse when I plonked them on the counter!




This week I thought I would bring you all some festive cheer by sharing some of my christmas with you all.  Last weeks post hit a nerve with me and this week after years of buying a real tree I have gone and bought this artificial one. I always feel sad for the trees, and I know that they are grown specially for the purpose, but after the story I told last week I just couldn't! Silly, I know!


  


 

 
 
This tree skirt is over 40 years old and has travelled back and forwards to Canada!

Note how I have changed the fire surround by painting it cream, much better I think!



I have been so lucky and have been given these awards. The first by Tracey at Tracey's crafty scraps and Mummy mad at The Madhouse. Thank you so much to you both, you have made my week! I was so excited when I found out that You had chosen me!



The other one is from Theresa at  Faerie Moon Creations,  Thank you so much Theresa, I am really bowled over that you have given me this award!




For both awards I am to list a few things that you may not know about me, and some things I like to do.  Oh dear! Soooo.......

1. I love listening to music, any type more or less.
2. I enjoy puzzles, cross words, sudoku, etc.
3. Having a special meal with George, with candles and music, lovely
4. Being at home, all cozy toasting marshmallows by the fire.
5. I love laughing!

Things you may not know about me;

1. I can lead and cut glass.
2. I can walk for miles and miles, but not too good with hills!
3. I get full quick, but my eyes are bigger than my belly!
4. I can do a hilarious rendition of 'oh my darling clementine' on the piano, it can make dogs howl!
5. I can be a bit of a practical joker. Last weet I put cling film over the top of George's bottle of becks, and the confused look on his face when he couldn't get any beer out, just made me crack up into hysterics!
6.  I am a serial giggler, and apparently laugh at anything!
7. I could never have my own children, so all three of our children we have adopted.

I am not going to pass this award on at the moment, as a lot of the people who I would like to give it to, have just got one the same, so in the new year I will make one and give some out to all my lovely friends that I have made here in blogland!
I am going to have a blogging break over Christmas as I feel a little frazzled and I have friends and family visiting, and visits to be made. You know, the usual Christmas activities. So I won't be blogging or commenting until January now, (if I can resist the urge to peek, that is!).  I don't want any of my lovely blogging pals to think that I am ignoring them, but I have to have a complete break from the computer, work and sewing! Then again, next friday, posting day is actually christmas day, so I wouldn't be posting then anyway would I!?  Hmmmmmm!

Ralphus  Le- puff  Macduff  (Ralph)  says Merry Christmas!




Archibald Peabody Smythe (Archie) says Jolly merry festitvities! More like Bah humbug! Don't you think he looks more like scrooge? He has got the saddest face I have ever seen on a dog. Probably just can't take another one of my jokes!




Bertram Butterbean Barker (Bertie to his friends) says Happy New Year!





So I will be off now until the new year and I wish you all a wonderful, laughter filled christmas and a very Happy new year. New decade that is!!!

May fairy dust land on the tips of your noses and make you giggle out loud!

Love Suzie. xxx

31 comments:

  1. I love your mantle! Very beautiful! And the Angels are gorgeous (if not a little pricier than first thought!). I hope you have a fantastic Christmas Suzie and a wonderful New Year and will see you back in blogland in January! Love and hugs Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fire looks wonderful, so inviting. I hope you are blessed with a happy and healthy Christmas and a joyful new year. Thank you for inspiring me and so all your wonderful comments. With Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year! Orange hair and all (tee-hee). I agree, we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes. For me it has to be my attempts at French when out and about - I am acutally reasonably good but things sometimes go soooo pear-shaped! Lovely dogs. I am sure Raja wishes them all a Bonne Noël!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always nice to have a 'practical joker' in the group to liven things up! Enjoy your Christmas and New Year celebrations with friends and family. I look forward to hearing from you IN THE NEW YEAR!
    -Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just KNEW we were sisters of the ding-bat clan. I too now have the Orange hair!!!!!!! As soon as it is daylight I am tromping out to buy yet another hair color with more beige and less solver> Oh crap but this is horrid. No wonder hubby left for work so early!

    Love your decorations. They are so YOU. And Happy Holidays to all the critters and you and George as well. Enjoy your blogging break. I have done some posts with the auto thing, so I too am kinda breaking with the norm.

    Merry merry Christmas with all the joys and blessings coming to you, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, don't stay away for long as I for one will miss you. Lots of love Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Look forward to reading your blog then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Suzie,

    You do paint such a colourful (orange) picture of your life! lol.

    I love your tree, and I always remember that story about the little christmas tree too from childhood. It always made me sad, which is why probably we have never had a real tree! That and the needles!

    Wishing you a lovely and wonderful and of course magical christmas to you and yours. Have a wonderous time.
    And thank you for you lovely comments on my blog too.

    Take care

    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzie! The angels were worth the extra £10. The tree looks super! I too dye my own hair I can't take my roots any longer! so, I'm going to re-touch on Sunday. Your fireplace looks super painted. It takes a very special couple to adopt/foster; I can imagine you and George make brill parents!
    Enjoy your bloggy break, Suzie. I really enjoyed mine.
    I thank you for all your wonderful, inspiring posts and comments over 2009 and I look forward to reading you again in 2010.
    All the best to you and yours for a magical, blissful and fun Christmas!
    Have a good one, Suzie! Love Lucy. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ou, just stumbled accross your blog! I too am from Lancashire - now living in Wales. And I've done the orange hair thingy!!
    I will be back for more!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there - I have the same Angel - the second one !

    So do we find you at the bottom of a stocking with the nuts & chocolate coins ? there is always a satsuma there!

    Glad your arm is a bit better.

    The three dogs look fab - if you do get a chance to peek over the weekend mine will be modelling Santa hats - once I've got the boxes down from the loft that is - still have a naked tree !

    but the boiler is fixed & the heating on.

    the little heart with the light shining through is lovely.

    So have a wonderful Christmas & I look forward to your next post xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the awards! You deserve them all and more! I love the pretty Christmasy things all around your home...your fireplace is gorgeous! I am a natural blond and my hair bleaches out in the sun! EEEE! Hope yours lightens up to a beautiful light brown. Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your awards!!

    loved findingout more about you suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always leave here with a smile on my face!

    Your dogs are precious! and I can't believe you tricked your husband like that...but I love it!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzie!

    My Christmas is about to begin (since school lets out today for 2 glorious weeks), so I had a chance to catch up on all your happenings! Oh, your poor arm! So sorry! Otherwise, I see lots of sparkle and extra-cool stuff. The angels are beautiful!

    I really hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. As you know, my plan is to lay low and roar into 2010 with either gusto or a good nap.

    XXOO
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi again! Your mantlepiece looks great. I know what you mean about the trees; we buy ours from Wilkinsons, as they leave a lot of the roots so they can be planted out in the New Year - last years tree is at the bottom of the garden, and will have a companion soon! I loved the look on Archies face, bless him - makes me want to come over and give him a great big hug! Enjoy your blog-break, and look forward to reading more in the New Year! Love Ro. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your decorations are lovely!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Suzie
    I can just imagine you being a giggler!! Isn't laughter just the most wonderful thing?!
    Thank you for the fairy dust you've sent our way and I shall certainly let it settle on the tip of my nose and lead me into a magical Christmastime.
    Happy Christmas to you and have a most glorious time with the family,
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. MY SIL had a similar mishap with hair dye a few weeks back... her's turned out purple!!!

    Have a fantastic Christmas and look forward to hearing from you in 2010!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzie, Lovely post! Glad you're feeling better and hope you feel 100% for Christmas. Love that you're a practical joker. I fell for one recently, picking up a champagne flute which I thought had a nice raspberry drink in it, then it wouldn't come out? It was jelly! Have a fantastic Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad your arm is feeling better! Your pups are soo cute- I love how much personality they show in their pictures. Hope you have enough time to get 'caught up' in time for Christmas, and here's hoping you have wonderful visits with friends and family!! Merry Chrismas, and Happy New Year! See you in 2010, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love seeing all your Christmas decorations, so pretty! Hope you have just a lovely holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Suzie, I saved this post for the weekend, they're always a lovely reading! Wishing you,your family and your beautiful doggies a wonderful holiday season!
    Lots of love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzie!!! How much I loved your comment on my blog!!! I hope you are going to get all those done and achieved in your life and many more!!! :O)
    The dogs in the photos are so beautiful, I am really a dog fan, and I also like very much your cute angels, doesn't matter that they were a bit more expensive that expected ;O)

    Wish a merry Christmas!!!!!!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzie, your decorations are SO lovely!!! I hope you enjoy your blogging break, although I shall miss you. I hope you and your family have a most lovely Christmas! Sincerely, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh no I missed you before Christmas :-( Hope you have a great break and special day with your family and very best wishes for the new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Suzie, what a pretty post!! Orange hair, what fun!!Just wanted to thank-you for all your support and lovely comments this year and wish you the best ever Christmas! Sharon xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suzie...You will be missed for sure and all your furry friends and humor. Someone recently told me I was full of "wit". I suppose that is better than being full of jelly beans, lima beans or refried beans...I took it lightly and laughed. I love to laugh too and my life quest is to "color my world happy."
    I'm old enough (creeping up on 51) to appreciate eye glass stories and missing the mark. Sometimes it's about saving face as we dig deep for our pennies.
    Yes oh yes, I want one of your pixie/fairy stitchery projects. Please add on postage cost, I would like to frame it when it arrives. No hurry...life is a flurry right now. See you in 2010 and we'll do it all over again!~Jacqueline (the girl with the curl)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you have a lovely, relaxing Christmas, can't wait to find out all about it in the New Year.

    I dyed my hair a similar colour once. It was supposed to be red but I must have left it on too long or something and it reacted with the natural highlights in my hair and I had red hair with bright orange highlights. I was one very mortified teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you all for your lovely comments, I really enjoyed reading them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved reading this post and seeing your wonderful tree and place- your dogs are ADORABLE!!! Love em!! I feel like I'm right there with you when I read your writing- you're so openhearted. Loved the practical joker in you- that's too funny. and can also just picture you at the piano, clemantine- what a delightful image!

    Hugs,
    Colette George

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)