Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year! A thank you to Michela too!





Happy New year everyone! I am back, and I hope that you all had a warm and wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to catch up with all your news, and start commenting again on all those brilliant posts that you all write!

I start this post with a special thank you to a very special lady, who many of us know and adore - Michela at Little Secrets From My Garden. This very kind soul has sent me a parcel as a thank you for winning my giveaway! So kind!

Take a look at all these goodies!



Gorgeous goodies! Munch, munch! Chocs away! I had already eaten some, and then had to remind myself to take a photo before complete gluttony took over!




A closer look!  Yummy! Included with all of these scrumptious delights was this lovely Italian christmas card, with lovely thoughts from Michela. The champas bottle filled with chocs was wrapped in Italian newspaper, and George and I really enjoyed looking at it and trying to work out what it said!

Thank you so much Michela, it was such a fantastic surprise and has cheered me up tremendously.  More kindness from a person whom I have never met, but I consider a true friend. Bloggy people are brilliant and kind!

I don't know about all of you, but every year as soon as christmas day is over with, I get an overwelming urge to start afresh. I start planning the garden, thinking of decorating the house, and generally look forward to the new year and spring!  Do you too?  But before we jump merrily into this new year with a gusto I will share some of my christmas with you all! We had a white christmas here in Lancashire... lovely!!!


Oh Christmas tree!


 
Candle light and sparkle





Getting the christmas table ready!  Can you spot Ralph the dog?


 
Yum... Homemade cranberry jelly!



Christmas Eve dinner for two! Bertie waiting for the food to arrive! We had a polish christmas eve ... rollmops (pickled dill herrings), borsch (beetroot soup) and goumki (not correct spelling!.. rice and meat in cabbage parcels with a creamy mushroom sauce). I love, love, love polish food!


Our son Tom, always happy when there is food around!



Sharing food, wine and good conversation with some of our lovely family!



Here are two more stockings which I sewed too in reds and greens.........



 

It is good to be back! I have missed you all. Heres to a new year full of love and happiness. This is what I wish for all of you,  my lovely friends!

May the newness and excitement of this new year stay with us throughout 2010 and into the new decade!

Lots of joy, love and hugs to you all,

Suzie. xxx


33 comments:

  1. Happy New Year from Bellingham Washington where it is pouring down rain, but who cares! Fireworks will still fly in 4 more hours and America will step into a new year with the rest of the world. Cheers from me to you...I've started a second blog...go to auntiejacquelines.blogspot.com if you want to hear from a old auntie, who's a little on the rough side...smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Suzie! All the very best to you and your family...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you Suzie! I'm so glad you're back and hope this new year is extremely good to you.
    Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same Christmas tablecloth as you!! Glad you're back I love reading your blog, Happy new year Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you have a wonderful 2010. I love the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Happy New Year, Suzie!
    Michela is the kindest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzie! Happy New Year to you and your lovely family! Thank you so much for your kind words! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of love for the new year Suzie may all your dreams come true xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY NEW YEAR sweet Suzie

    this looks wonderful ( Is George Polish ?)

    So glad to have met you in Blogland

    love Penny xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michela has to be the sweetest person i've come across in blog land!
    Love the stockings, your fairies are absolutely gorgeous.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year, so pleased to of found you and look forward to getting to know you better in 2010.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Very Happy New Year Suzie. Your home looks so friendly and inviting. It's great to catch up with your posts again.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super New Year to you,Suzie!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Suzie!!! Your house looked absolutely warn and welcoming for the holidays! But honestly, everything you touch is warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Suzie! Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday photos. I look forward to continuing our friendship in the new year. May the New Year prove to be a healthy, happy and peaceful one for you! Sincerely, Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you and your family! I enjoyed seeing the photos of your holiday fun! And all your goodies from Michela...she is the sweetest friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Christmas memories! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia! Happy new year, I can not access your profile, so I can't send you a message! Thank you everyone, it is good to be back on here. thank you all for your support and kindness too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, and Penny, George's Mum and Dad were Polish, they came over during the war. They lost everything in there homeland, farms, houses, land. So sad. But I enjoy the recipes passed down from them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there Suzie,

    It looks like you had a wonderful christmas and your lovely home looked very cosy and christmasey!

    Wishing you all the absolute best for the New Year. And I look forward to reading your posts in the new year too.

    Take care.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year to you!! I'm glad you're back!! You certainly look like you had a wonderful time!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for explaining - it's humbling to know what people have suffered through war & location beyond their control and good to retain some customs so that they never die.

    By the way the fireworks photo is superb !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year to you dearest Suzie! Your little cottage is absolutely adorable-and the the best "decorations" are your precious family. I hope 2010 is the best year ever for you-and here's to starting fresh too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzie: I too am looking forward to a great new year. The pictures of your home are beautiful, everything looks so cheerful. I wish you the best God has for you this coming year. Looking forward to getting to know you even better. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzie I love your Christmas pics, your home looks so homely and festvie, a warm welcom at the hearth, brilliant.
    You said you dropped me an e mail when you dropped by my blog, have not received yet - goldbettyboop at gmail.com hope to hear from you again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzie!

    Loving the festive photos - love the stockings! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and wishing you and your family all the best for 2010.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year. All the best for 2010, can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy new year! So lovely to see that you had a warm family christmas with lots of treats and lovely family photos

    Blessings
    Carolyn

    ps. naughty confession still not started tea cosy yet but have made bundles

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year Suzie! Your house looks very welcoming. Looks like you had a lovely time with your family. Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  29. YOU are faithful and I sooo...appreciate that! Thanks for the compassion on the Auntie hormone posting.. May God help us all, darn that Eve. She started it all! Thinking of you all the way from my corner of Washington, back to work this morning!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)