Thursday 11 March 2010

Off Yer Trolley!

Hello dear friends,

And how does this lovely Friday find you all? It may say Thursday on the date, but it is now 1.08 am on Friday!  Have you all had a fruitful and productive week? I often think of you all, all  friends I know here in blogland,  all the readers of my blog, some just passing through... what lives you lead, what books you read, all the things you do,  and what wonderful mixture of events, memories and loves that makes each one of you so unique!  I think of you all with each word I write and thank you all for visiting me.  You make me feel all happy inside!

                                                       HAPPY!

 Thank you too for all your lovely warm and kind words about my Dad's cousin too! I really appreciate you kindness and concern. I loved hearing your funny comments too, you have made me laugh out loud! And I absolutely love laughing out loud, it is the best tonic! :)

What have I been doing this week? Well I have been busy as usual, but actually don't seem to be getting far!   I have been considering what to do with this gorgeous Cath Kidston fabric. What do think?


 On the design front I have been working on a couple of new stitcheries, but I am not ready to show them just yet!
On the home front, I have made another pair of curtains for my workroom, an inspirational pair, to remind me of why I sit in that room in the first place! here they are....  Do you like?


 Please excuse the miserably weeping window! Not very pretty is it!??

On a relaxing front (whats that then?) ha ha, this is the book I am trying to read at the moment. I have started the first few pages several times now, over the last few weeks, as I spend so long between picking the book up again, that I feel I need to start again! I will let you know what I think of it when I finally get it read! I haven't seen the film yet.  I love something a bit deep, and I feel that although it most certainly will be harrowing, it will nevertheless be an enriching experience.



What do you all do to relax? I love sudoku, crosswords, (and of course crafting!, goes without saying!) and now promise you won't laugh,  I love video games, yes I do! Especially the ones in which there is plenty of puzzle solving. I also love the Sims, because I like building houses, furnishing and decorating them and giving the families daft names!  You can go mad decorating, as you can change all the patterns and colours!


 Pictures sourced from the internet.

I can't cope at all with games which are against the clock,or fighting/action ones, as I get in a complete state, and my heart starts to race! You should have seen me trying to play Tomb raider, every one in the room was in hysterics as I shouted at Lara Croft for running wildly around in circles when there was a predator after her! I just could not co-ordinate ....... I was in such an agitated state!

Now then! Shall I give you all one last funny tale? Shall I? One more George story, and this one too, displays what a wonderfully well humoured man he is!  Oh, ok, you have twisted my arm, here goes....

George you are so amusing sometimes!  He loves playing tricks on me!  He once lifted me up in a supermarket car-park and plonked me in a shopping trolley! Oh yes he did, and then he walked off and left me there, with my legs hanging out over the front.   Could I get out...no!   The more I tryed the more the trolley moved about, and the more I struggled the more I began to laugh, I was dangerously teetering on hysterial giggling!



What I must have looked like to the other bewildered shoppers, (who, by the way, were giving me a rather wide birth!)   probably thinking that I had put myself there, and was now laughing like a complete loon on my own! (George had very kindly removed himself to another part of the car park, enjoying the spectacle from afar)   You know that giddy panicky giggly feeling..... yes thats the one!  Eventually, after enjoying himself immensely, he took pity on me and came to lift me out!  He has a bad back these days, so thankfully he hasn't been able to do such a thing again! Or is that sad, that he hasn't?  It is a memory I treasure, because although a tad embarassing at the time, it was also an absolutely silly and childish experience. And isn't a lovely thing sometimes to act carefree and unhindered,  to feel like a giddy child again.  Just to be silly for the sake of being silly!  Wonderful!!!

Now, before I go for another week, I would like to thank  RosieP at Roses and Peonies and Emma at Em's Shabby Shack for giving me one each of this lovely award! Thank you so much RosieP and Emma! You are so kind to have thought of me! I am going to award this award to all of you who read my blog as a thank you for your friendship! Take it with you please!


Also the very lovely martha at Martha's Favorites has told me she has found an owl pin and is sending it to me! Isn't that kind of her. I will let you all see it when it gets here! Thank you Martha!

Look what has arrived in the post everyone! I have been the very lucky winner of this wonderful giveaway from the immensely talented and creative Corinne Phillips, Aren't these brooches just magical! I hope my photographs could really catch the beauty in each of these pieces of art! The fairys even have little necklaces and accessories! And each has a little description! Corinne I am just bowled over by them... I love each one, you are fab! Thank you so much! Please go and visit her! 




Right then, that is all for another week! One more thing though.....Hello Lynne! If you are reading this week, then HELLOOOOO!

Have a lovely sunny (I hope!) weekend!  Love and laughter to you all!

Suzie xxx

38 comments:

  1. Oh Suzie you always make me laugh out loud too. That's such a funny story yet again. You two must have so much fun together - well matched I'd say. Perhaps he has a sore back now for all the times he lifted you into embarassing poses!

    On to the fabric now. Do I like it? You bet I do!!! Absolutely love it. And your curtains and bunting looks gorgeous. Love the gingham of course!

    I hope you have a lovely and restful weekend. I prefer to craft to relax myself. It's so much fun for me. But right now I'm going to read my new mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and laughter to you, too! We would have a ball spending time together...in real life! I love your fabric and would probably make a bag with it...if I knew how! lol I make little projects that are easy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the SIMS (I thought I was the only person in the world!)
    What a funny story about the trolly! What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curtains! I also want to read that book, but I'm such a soft thing, I know it would upset me......Did you look elegant in the trolley like the woman in the picture?...LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzie! To be left in a shopping cart - oh my! I would have died from embarrassment, I think. The curtains you made are so cute! I really wish I knew how to sew. What do I like to do to relax? When I have time, I love reading and listening to music. Life has been so busy these days - I have so many books and so little time, it seems. Maybe someday when I retire! Then I'll get to all my beloved books. :) Have a great weekend, Suzie! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feelin' the luv from u feelin' groovy!

    Since I have no itch to stitch but I'm a good dreamer I would make bandana's for summer bike rides with the fabric and some dolly clothes and a liner for my picnic basket and I'd sew patches on my jeans and I might even make a bathing suit out of it...I can dream for sure. In real life as Diane our lavender dreamer says....I couldn't fit well in a bathing suit...perhaps we should make a suit for Barbie instead!

    Dearest George, dumping you off in the cart and running. I sooooo want to tell you my story of what my dad did to me in the store but I might get booted out of blog land....daddy left me in the aisle quite a few times as he was passing wind and then he'd run like crazy so everyone would think it was me...isn't that just darn awful! There, I said it...

    Love back to you too. I think of you daily. I also pray for good health and good things to come your way and I send Pixies with magical fairy dust your way, at least weekly.

    Thanks for your faithfulness to me and my silly girl stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do make me giggle ;0) I would loved to have been there to help you out of the trolly, we have silly things like that that go on in our lives, mostly involving me and my antics ;0)

    I adore your fabric and the bunting *sigh* tis gorgeous, thanks for a lovely post :0)

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best thing about the internet is that it really does bring all of us closer in a way-but sadly when we meet people that we know we would get on with so well and would love to sit down face to face and chat with, well there is the small matter of the actual miles between us! No matter-I know where to find you!
    I Love this week's George story (I'm just glad he didn't throw a big frozen turkey or something in the cart with you!!), I love your curtain fabric, and I also have the same book to read on my bedside table.
    Have a wonderful weekend Suzie!!
    Valerie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh geez.. To relax? I blog! :P I also bake, and craft, and lately I have been a knitting fool! (I could always fall asleep knitting!)

    I love your fabrics! So sweet and airy. Your little window treatment is so cute, too!

    And as for acting silly? I love it. I had the best time skipping through the mall today with my little girl. I think she loved it, too! ;)

    Congrats on the award- hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to picture myself enjoying the memory of being shoved into a shopping trolley . .not there yet! naughty George! I always feel super busy these days. So today, to treat myself i had a lovely long coffee and scone with a favourite girlfriend. The sun was shining on this perfect Autumn day and we had a lovely time and a good laugh. A great way to unwind. Tonight when we get back about 8.30 from the kids fri night club at church, i'll relax with Ray, watching a movie, drinking tea and eating chocolate. He's off to India for the week so we'll all miss him.
    Have a great weekend! Bye x

    ReplyDelete
  11. George is a funny guy! You two must be great people to be with.

    I have yet to watch The Boy In Striped Pyjamas. It must be a better read.

    What do I do to relax? 1- blogging 2-make a piece of jewellery 3- mmm... give Fluffy a big smooch on his fluffy forehead!!! And cuddles! (which he hates!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the story about the supermarket trolley and imagining all the other shoppers looking bemused. Your curtains are great they frame the window beautifully,the bunting effect across the top is really pretty.I don't think I could read your book, I know what it's about and i thought about seeing the film but I knew I would probably end up really upset. Not a very good attitude to have I guess but there is something about that period of history I find so deeply disturbing.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog made laugh again - you should have another blog "Life with George!" I too have a guilty secret.....shhhh!......I play my DS like you I like the puzzles ones like Prof. Leyton and Pandora. Love the curtains and the bunting.
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, naughty George. What fun you have my dear, you really make me laugh. Love your curtains and the bunting is great. I love the lovely finish you have put on the top. It really finishes it.
    Have a great weekend,
    Rachael X

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Suzie, it was the boy in striped pyjamas. Very sad. But a bit disappointing.
    Lovely to hear from you,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ve just had my whole - long comment wiped out AAAARRRGGGHHH !
    so to summerise - lovely curtains, emotional book, mad George...
    Roddy threw me into a swimming pool fully clothed once, we hadn't been going out long & everyone held their breath to see my reaction... I laughed

    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS ...I can't believe you play computer games - I would never have guessed . I dog walk to relax - except it isn't when Dillon pulls on the lead or won't come back !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi sweetie! You and your hubby are such characters! Hope all is well with you!
    You could not have a better award than the Sunshine one, because you always cheer us up with your lovely posts!
    Take care! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all these wonderful comments! I really am enjoying reading them, it is like have friends popping in for a chat! Penny, I now have let my guilty hobby out of the bag! I am useless at them though! Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great post Suzie, love your curtains and the triangles in your room and the soft colours, love your embroidery and the birdhouse chimes

    I saw the film ... The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I enjoyed it. Yes, it was deep and with a very important message and a very sad ending ... I cried so much but it is a film everyone should see ... like Schindlers List

    Have a good weekend
    Carolyn
    LOVE STITCHING RED

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzie,
    I find the stories you tell amazingly funny!! I cannot imagine how you felt being left in a shopping trolley!! Must have being carzy and funny at the same time.
    I love your curtains, the CK fabrics and everything you write. Thank you so much for your friendship!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzie
    I love the new curtains!! The bunting looks brilliant!!! What a great idea!!!
    I can imagine being stranded in a shopping trolley!! I bet you kept laughing about it for ages after too!!! Well done on the award you definitely deserve it!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look forward to hearing what you think of the book, I do like something a bit deeper than a chick lit from time to time but it's quite hard with the little man running around and by the time he's in bed i'm whacked.
    I've not played the SAims but have thought about getting it :)
    I'm still sat here laughing at the thought of you in the trolley.
    Have a great weekend

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is the perfect tonic - thank you for all the giggles and smiles!

    So many things make me happy and relaxed, when I am outdoors, walking through a field or wood, or camping beneath the starry skies. Or if I'm indoors curling up with Mr Magic in front of the fire while I indulge in some hooky projects. Trying to beat the mini magics at the balance game on the Wii (beating them doesn't happen very often!) or baking up a storm and delivering all the goodies to lovely friends.

    Have a lovely weekend, hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh your curtains and banner are so lovely and do brighten up the room. I just love your George stories as well. What fun you two have had over the years. He must be part of the magic that is you :)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this weeks post, thanks for making me laugh out loud, so much so that mini has just come and checked on what I was laughing about. Love, love, love the curtains and bunting.

    No ideas on the sewing though, I have lost a little og my creating mojo at the moment, but I am sure it will come back

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Suzie,

    Loved the George story again this week. What a naughty fellow he is! lol. What a wonderful memory and image for you though. Its true we do become quite staid and boring the older we get. (Well not you and your George obviously)

    Pretty curtains too. Loved them with the bunting very pretty.

    Yes I dont mind reading books or even watching films that I know I am going to find hard going emotionally. Its like I tell my girls, if a film, book,music or poem makes you cry then its done its job as far as I can see. Those things are meant to make you feel and you should never be scared of your emotions.

    And that's how i like to relax, either reading or watching a good movie! Ooh I quite like the fighting sort of games. I do occaisonally play with my DH Tekken games they are good and I always whoop him on it! lol.

    Thanks for your lovely comments as ever on my blog. And love and laughter to you too! Hope you have a joyous weekend. And stay away from those trolleys! lol.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey sweetpea, love the cheery little banners for the curtain swag. If that won't get you in the creative mood what will??????/ Oh I can just jicture George running to hide and watch from afar. What a hoot. You are two of the people I would most love to meet in person! I know.......Let's meet in Boston this summer!!!!!!!!! Tell us how the book reads. Luv ya, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for posting the brooches Suzie. Glad you like them! BTW love your George story too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. George sounds like the ultimate dude - that's a wonderful story and put a huge grin on my face!

    Hope you manage to get in to the boy with the striped pyjamas, I haven't read it and would love to know what you think of it.

    I would LOVE to play the Sims! I keep dropping hints about getting it for my birthday but I don't know if anyone's listening to me at the moment! I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to war games, the boyfriend plays on loads of them and sometimes I'll end up watching them as he's playing them and getting all stressed out going "There's one behind you! QUICK RUN AWAY!"

    ReplyDelete
  31. A hilariously funny blog - just the sort of thing I can imagine happening to you!!! Also just read last weeks post - I bet that was funny watching George get into the wrong car - where's a videocamera when you need one?! See you had a late one last night - I went to bed at 10:15!!!! Hope you have a good weekend hunbun! lotsa luv, Ro. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful blog full to the brim of craftiness, laughter, news and general goodwill. I do find myself looking forward to Fridays just in anticipation of 'Tales of George'. Have a wonderful weekend. Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. You know, thinking about it, I don't think there IS a way of getting out of a supermarket trolly by yourself. Not without tipping it over.
    The curtains and bunting look great.
    I love cuddling up in the same armchair as my daughter and watching reruns of 'Friends', or when both kids have agreed on the same film and we settle down to watch with homemade cake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello, I've never read your blog before even though you leave me comments....how rude!!! I've now changed that & also become a follower.
    I love that book, it was a bit slow but it really shocked me which is odd because I read loads of those kind of books. I didn't think the film was as good, I read the book first.
    Very funny trolley story:)
    The character in my post is Iggle Piggle...from cbeebies. I think you have to have/know children of a certain age!! Have a good week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  35. hello sweets,
    i bought my almost 6 year old sims wii game. thinking she will love it as she loves to create worlds when she is playing.

    have a great weekend, cant wait to see what you make with that fabric

    xxrosey

    ReplyDelete
  36. I adore cath kidson soo much. I have most of her stationary range. I would seriously recommend the letter set she has out. It made me take up letter writing in a big way.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really should get into playing the Sims!

    Loved your trolley story

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  38. I seem to have come very late to the party, but I hope you had a good weekend and steered clear of shopping trolleys. I love the bunting along the top of the curtain - it looks really pretty.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)