Friday 5 March 2010

Happy Friday! The Ides of March! George is happy to give out free smiles!

Happy Friday!

Another week flown by! Make that another month! March has marched in with the promise of spring, how wonderful is that? Very!

 The eyes of March! ha ha, Oh ok, the ides of March!  Hey, I get the feeling that we are being watched!  I don't always do cuties you know, and maybe this one is a little strange- just one of my mind doodles! This drawing demonstrates my love of eyes! The mirror to the soul! Every time I draw I always start with the eyes, a darn good place to start I think.

This week has been hectic, as I have been helping my Dad's cousin after her hip operation. we have had to get her from hospital and doing shopping etc.,  so I have not had much time to get on with anything else really.  We did manage to go to the pictures on wednesday evening to see Avatar in 3D,  using the Orange wednesday offer of 2 tickets for the price of one.  I loved it! It was a feast for the eyes... beautiful special effects, a wonderful fantasy of other worlds. Unashamed escapist fantasy and just what I needed this week!




Also, a reminder of how mankind seeks out to destroy anything that it does not understand, .... through ignorance, fear, power, greed or religion! I found myself starting (a little bit too loudly!) to protest at the screen in front of me at the cruelty and injustice of the treatment of these soulful and spiritual indigenous people, George had to jab me in the ribs and remind me that I was not at home! I was getting quite involved and emotional for their plight, which although of course is just a film, I was reminded of the terrible atrocities which mankind has committed on their fellow men, the abuse of others cultures, beliefs, customs and rights.

I am now looking forward to watching the wonderful, multi-talented Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait!

Now for something completely different! Ta dah!.........

THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF GEORGE!

Now, remember no George has been harmed in the making of this production! (I still have his permission!)

Are we all sitting comfortably? Then I will begin....

A few years ago while we were away on holiday in Herefordshire, after an afternoon of driving to various beautyspots, we stopped off at a petrol station. George got out of the car and as you do at petrol stations, filled the tank. He then went into the garage to pay. Where is he? Ahh here is is now! Tom and I watched him walk towards our car, and then veer off in another direction. Tom looked a bit puzzled and asked me where the heck he was going? We both watched in amazement as he went towards a car which was a similar colour and style. What?!!!...... He got in the car, tryed to put the key in the ignition, shook his head, looked at the keys, tryed again. You could see the confusion on his face... why won't my keys work. We saw him lift his head slightly to look in the rear view mirror, and saw the look of horror on his face as he looked at the two bewildered children sat in the back seat looking at him!



By this time, Tom was crying with laughter, so was I, it was like watching something from the wonderful One foot in the grave. George had turned into Mr. Meldrew! What was really hysterical though was how casually he got out of the car, like it was the most normal situation in the world, and how he strolled (maintaining a casual stance) back to our car and got in, put the keys in the ignition, drove out of the garage and stopped a little further up the road to regain his decorum! Obviously, he was a more than a little skaken, as like he said, what if the driver and parent of the children had come out of the garage sooner and seen him apparently abducting their children!

I am afraid that neither Tom nor I were any comfort to him, as we were still in fits of giggles, even though it was a little scary too, as it did not look too good at all!  But everytime we thought about it or the subject came up again, we collapsed into fits of laughter.  Poor George never did live that one down!   he said when he looked into the mirror and saw the children, it took a minute for his brain to register that they were not the right children!  Or that they weren't those ages either! You would have thought he would  remember what our children looked like!

                                                        Our children, many moons ago!



Coming soon  ... (next week.)....at a blog near you..... George and the curious incident of the shopping trolley!

Hey everybody pop over to see Theresa at Faery Moon Creations, she is hosting  a wonderful Alice giveaway! Its Fab!





I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! What will you all be doing I wonder?

Love from Suzie. xxx

31 comments:

  1. I am still laughing Suzie, poor George, I bet he was so worried. Those poor children.
    I have just been reading on Michelles blog that it is National Doodle Day.
    I hope your Dads cousin is getting a little better.
    Have fun,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that reminds me of my friend getting into my other friends car after dropping kids off at school sitting in the back seat waiting and the actual driver of the car banging on the window asking her what she was doing? My friend locked all the doors because she thought she was mad, when I picked myself up off the floor from laughing I went and sorted it out it was soo funny!!
    Have a great weekend Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun memory. Poor George. It reminds me of the same thing my cousin's wife did when they'd gone to pick up their children at school. She was in such a hurry and not paying attention that she got in the car behind theirs and started blabbing away at the driver, thinking it was my cousin. When she turned to face driver she saw that it was not the correct car and turned several shades of red as she made her escape. Of course my cousin was in full hysterics and couldn't get away fast enough for her by then.

    Thank you for sharing once again, Suzie. I hope your father's cousin is healing well and things are getting a little less stressed for you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzie what a giggle ! Does George know you are sharing these experiences with all of us ? !
    I haven't see Avatar but Joe has & said it was great.
    Not sure I want to see the new Alice - I didn't like Johnny Depp in Charlie & the chocolate factory. Usually I love him !

    The eyes The eyes ! folowing you !

    Hope things calm down a bit & you have a great weekend. We are cooking a Haggis !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Penny a Haggis?!! I am loving hearing all of your similar experiences, so funny! Yes, Penny George knows, he reads this blog every week, I signed him up at the start of my blog as a follower and called him Georgie Girl! Strangely enough though, he never comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a story - it's good of George to let us know whe're not alone in doing stupid things - somehow it always seems like no one else would get themselves into scrapes like that!

    Ben took the boys to see Avatar while I was ill - he really wanted them to get the full cinematographic experience, rather than see it on DVD later. They all got a lot out of it. There are debates now about how much we want to see Alice in Wonderland - the family is divided...

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hee hee, loving the George stories. Your children are beautiful. Not sure about the eyes but my goodness you are good at drawing!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. How strange, I always draw eyes first. Not that my pathetic attemps are anything like yours. So much emotion in them. I have not seen Avitar but my DH has. He has raved about it, and me being extremely stubborn dont want to see it at all. Although I guess it will be forced upon me at some point! lol.

    Oh I do love your George stories! lol they make me laugh and I do have a similar story to tell. Once I was going on an evening out with a work friend. I cant remeber why now but we stopped off at some shops, it was dark when I got back in the car jabbering away as you do i turned to see the driver was not said work colleague but a horrified and very scared I must say woman. I was sooooo embarrassed! I apologised and said sorry and scarpered double quick! back to the right car. Unfortunately for the said friend she that I went out with didnt have much of a sense of humour and when I told her looked at me as if I was a bit mad! These things only happen to me I thought at the time. Nice to know they dont! lol.

    Hope you have a superduper weekend Suzie! oh and thanks for your kind comments on my blog too. Its always nice to hear from you. Take care


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love George as much I do you!!! Brilliant story...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh poor George!!! But that was indeed a funny situation! :)
    I like your drawing. Very intriguing and interesting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzie-you did it again-made me laugh so hard I spilled my coffee! I can just picture poor George and his utter state of confusion! It looks like you really need to keep an eye (or two or three...) on him!
    Hope your Dad's cousin is doing well, and I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful week!!
    xxx Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my fun friend!
    I got your comment on my blog...don't worry, I'm alive and kickin' in your heart. Look towards the moon and you'll find me. The Man in the Moon can be our secret agent!
    We better not ever go to the movies together. We'd likely get kicked out when things were not FAIR!
    Dear George, Have you ever met a guy called Len? My dear Len just ran into the back of my sons truck while looking right instead of forward. He thought he saw a rare hawk and slam, into the back of the truck. I think the two of them could be brothers, in another life!
    Good to laugh. Thanks George for being the best sport!
    Cutey kids by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear - I can imagine poor George was mortified!! However I would have been with you laughing!! Good job he's a good sport!!! Have a great weekend - I'm off over to Theresa's blog now for a look round! Thank you for telling us!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Suzie, thanks for another George story!!!! And thank you for referencing my little giveaway. I truly do appreciate it. Glad to hear you enjoyed Avatar - I was on the fence on that one. We are going to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow - we cannot wait!!! I am wearing some lovely O.P.I. Mad Hatter nail polish today to get in the spirit. :)
    Have a great weekend!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that was too funny!!! I wonder what the children told their parents?? Oh poor George, does he know you tell the world about his most embarassing incidences? I think most of us can relate to this.

    I did something similar a couple of months ago. My carkey button wasn't opening the locks, so in the end I just tried the door. It opened and I saw that the seats were a different fabric! Oh it was so embarassing!! Those supermarket carparks are so confusing.

    Glad you enjoyed the movie. I've seen it and it was really well made. Did you notice it was made in little old NZ?

    Hope your Dad's cousin feels more comfortable soon. It must be very hard for everyone.

    Oh and your eyes are amazing. You draw them so well and I like it how you draw them first, it's like you are giving the person a soul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so scary because it reminds me of the time I was waiting on the pavement for my husband to pick me up. A navy blue Rover pulled up and in I jumped in the passenger seat. My first thought was ... that music ... I don't remember hubby having a Sade cd?????? I looked to my right and there was the a big tall man I didn't recognise and fortunately HE laughed his socks off as I apologised profusely ... and jumped out of the car before hubby thought I was having a fling or something ...

    This is a true story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. George is a legend! that was too funny!!!!

    Really want to make the time to see Avatar and Alice in Wonderland.... I can imagine you in the cinema shouting at the screen, go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't been to see Avatar!!! I can't wait to see Alice either, I hope you get to see it soon,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That story is amazing, I don't have a car but OMG I can't imagine how can someone confuse his car with someone elses, that' so funny!!!! This are the wonderful stories you can remember and die with laughter ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are all so kind and wonderful with your funny and warm comments. George is pleased we have given a smile to you in this much needing a smile world! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. George is the best. Love your wonder story. Thanks for always sharing. Hope you can join us for Tea Cup Tuesday. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzie that George story just made me laugh out loud! Fantastic!

    March already hey? Where does that time go!? At least we've had sunny, frosty days in lovely Lancashire, I much prefer it to the rain.

    Hope your Dads cousin is on the mend.

    I'd love to see Avatar in 3D! Tom and I have been chatting about catching it soon.

    Eyes. I have to agree with the saying "windows to the soul". Lovely drawing!

    Have a fantastic week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol that is too funny!~ Hopefully he's a good sport, when you still laugh about it! I have heard Avatar was a wonderfully strange movie- I think I will wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it. I am interested in Alice in Wonderland, too! Johnny Depp seems to be perfect for these strange characters! I loved him in Public Enemies!
    Well, off to do some housework- hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for all your lovely comments- they always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely George, just the kind of thing I do! Thanks so so much for your kind Birthday wishes Suzie, it was lovely of you,

    Sarah.

    Looking forward to falling down a rabbit hole soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi...looking out the window tonight across the sea and over the mountain tops...just thinking of you and so happy we've connected half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Suzie: Believe it or not, I found an owl pin for you. Send me your address and I will fly it to you! marthasfavorites@aol.com. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello, Just to let you know you have an award waiting for you at my blog.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Avatar!
    Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Poor George. Having done the same thing, I know just how he felt. Very strange!

    I've yet to see Avatar. And I think I'm the only one who hasn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Suzie,
    I am so sorry I did try to post a comment on your blog to tell you, but for some reason it just wouldn't let me leave one, lets hope this one actually posts...Em x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)