Thursday 24 June 2010

Flowers, invisible horses and sadness too.

Hey! Thank you so much for your get well wishes... I think it worked too, as I do feel much better now!

What have I been up to this week?  Oh, you didn't ask did you? Well I will tell you anyway!  Despite feeling lousy, I got quite busy once I recovered a bit. Now lets see.  Oh yes! on Tuesday my bottom made a quick telephone call! Yes, it did... It rang George's car phone, but remained silent.. thank goodness!  Ha ha ha, I had sat on my phone!

I have been doing a bit more on my secret project...


Have been busy making lots of flowers....


And I finally had a go at making a brooch, as I have had some brooch pins for some time now! Does anyone else find themselves on occasion buying things, thinking that you will make lots and sell them or at least give as presents, but never get around to doing it?

I felted the wool onto the under felt, and attached beads, and of course a brooch pin too!

Now, you may not be aware of this, but I have an invisible horse. Those of you who are friends with me on facebook will already know!  Obviously, this door was absolutely no use whatsoever for an inquisitive horse now was it?


 
Let us out! Let us out!

So as part of the grand makeover which has just begun, we just had to have this door fitted.......

 

So now my beautiful invisible appaloosa horse (brown and white markings for anyone interested!  ;o), can trot to the door anytime he likes and gaze out of the window at the flowers, butterfies and bees!

Paula the lady who bred ralph our Old English Sheepdog, breeds these beautiful natured horses as well!  Click on this link If you like to ooohhhh and awhhhhh at puppies and horses!


And it looks so much cosier from the inside too!  I can't wait for a rainy day all snuggled up in the kitchen with a warming bowl of homemade soup, watching the rain pitter pattering down that little cutie window!


It really feels now, like we are finally starting to get somewhere with all thes jobs that need doing on this house!

Two thank yous this week and one sadness I am afraid.

Thank you Jacqueline for another one of your beautiful tags! Look at the cute owls peeps! You are a star, so kind thinking of little old me here in Lancashire with my dotty dogs and invisible horse!


Thank you too, to Star, who sent me these lovely mags for a giveaway I recently won at her lovely blog.  I shall have a good look through them as soon as I get a mo!  I have only managed to skim through them as yet! 

I still haven't got around to reading your book Jen, which I am sorry for! I haven't even answered your question about it yet... sorry! I am sure I will enjoy it and will report back to you when I have read it.  I noticed that you have done a wonderful post about 'four', which I will try and read later! X
I would like give a mention here to a lovely blog friend of mine Mollye, who suddenly and tragically lost her son Jake just over a week ago. It is at times like these when we need to show our love, support and care so much. I like Mollye very much, and often think of her, and send my love to her often, but right now I am sending her every ounce that I can squeeze out of me. Words are just inadequate really.  He sounded a truly amazing man, and you can read Mollye's beautiful tribute to him here. It made me cry.

It just makes me think once again, how every moment on this earth is precious, and how, when we are lucky enough to have people to love, we must love them with all we have got. We all take too many things for granted sometimes.

Love to you all.   Suzie xxxxxxxxxx

34 comments:

  1. Oh Suzie, dont worry about me, real life is far more imporatant. I love you and dont mind, take your time and enjoy. Four is good, we had a fab day and went to York to see The Wiggles and are off out to Flamingo land tomorrow. I am going to have a sob and read that blog post now. Oh I love the stable door and would love one for our house when we eventually build it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Suzi, happy to hear you are on the mend! Your secret project looks fantastic - might it be illustrations for a book? And your little brooch is too adorable. I am most sorry to hear of your Friend Mollye's loss - such a terrible loss.
    I hope you continue to be healthy and have a great weekend...Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be Theresa! A book! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well guessed! I meant to say! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful secret project/book illustrations! Clever old you. I am so jealous of that horse.....how lucky to have that lovely door to look out of! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you paint well. I hope it's a book but perhaps it's a calendar? Or maybe you are going into cards? Jolly exciting whichever and jolly rude of you to keep it a secret. I'm bursting over here in NZ. Love your new door. That's the sort of thing I'd like, just because it looks so cute. Sorry to hear about your friend. So sad, I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sad news :(
    I love your new door & the photo with your lovely dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suie. Thanks for popping by. I love that new door and your invisible horse. You should pop by if you are ever down this way you would love my little spotty Poppy. Yes I did miss the horses while I was away and the dogs and the cat and the chickens! That's why we tend to go on short breaks now rather than proper holidays and why we are camping up at the field this weekend so we can spend some quality time with them. Only a week or so until Pebble pops now...
    I love your brooch too, are you going to be selling them? Yes I buy loads of stuff thinking I will make lots of lovlies out of them i just hope MrP never sees the full extent of my hording!
    Gorgeous painting too, you have so much going on, Tracey is right clever young you!!
    Such sad news about Mollye's son...
    Catch up soon Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a natural book illustrator... and i wish you all the best with future projects... I love proper artwork for illustrations...
    That stable door is superb... is it wood or plastic? I hope to have one on my back door... however my invisble black fressian horse lives outside... so she would be looking in through the door! lol
    you surely have to stay with all these lovely alterations... think of the owl tree... it would miss you! :(

    so sad to read about miss molles loss... it really does make you so aware of our own fragility...

    I bought felt and pins yesterday.... I am going ot get creative too! lol love your brooches...

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex, The stable door is wooden, and still needs its coat of paint, that on the pic is just primer and undercoat so far. As the house is getting nicer, I know what you mean about leaving! Mrs P, I may try to sell, one day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lovely picture at the beginning of your post is quite apt for me and my post today.
    I'm not suprised you'd like one of those
    beautiful horses.....
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely brooches, but so sad for your friend losing a son. I haven't lost a child, but did lose all my family, including first husband by the time I was in my late twenties, and since then have lost close friends in recent years. It DOES make you re-evaluate your life, someone else's loss, and DOES make you appreciate your nearest and dearest much more. But the shame of it is, this doesn't always last and we find ourselves slipping into our taking-for-granted easygoing ways, until another tragedy, either personal or otherwise, as in the Cumbrian shootings, acts as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the door, Suzie! Now the horse can let himself in :) Your renovations are really moving along nicely. Can't wait to see how it all looks finished.
    My condolences to your friend. It's so hard losing a loved one, especially one you've given birth to.
    I hope you have a very nice weekend and are 100% back to normal(?) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear Suzie,

    Love your stable door! Really adds such a character to your kitchen!
    The brooches you are making are so lovely! I know how your friend feels. I haven't lost a child but I lost my parents when I was very young and I can understand the feeling.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What terribly sad news at the end there.

    Love your stable door - always wanted one. I see your background owls are back- did you miss them ? He He - do you talk to them too ?

    I swear you are getting madder....talking out of you arse ! honestly Suzie !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a similar door in our living room, but it's called a Dutch door, sort of looks as though it should belong in a pub if you ask me. I will take photos of it.

    A stable door though is an essential part of living in the country to my mind. You look as though you have a beautiful house.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the stable door!!!!! i'd love one too. That painting is fab, you are so talented, i love your painting style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Honey, Thank you for all your love. I tried to post a little something today about the sorrority blogging society but afraid I left things out but at any rate I tried. I am doing a little better I think today. Your post is beautiful as usual. Talk soon. Hugs from me to you, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  19. The imagination is a wonderful thing and great to see that yours is in full swing! Ha Ha i love that door! Your kitchen looks super cozy.
    Beautiful illustration and I look forward to seeing more.
    I'm so glad that Mollye has a loving and supportive family around her. Such an awful loss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry to hear such sad news.
    I knew what an Appaloosa looked like! ;-)
    Hope you're having a great weekend and the sun is shining over the Owl tree cottage! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Post....
    Thanks for sharing great pictures with us. The flowers are looking very nice and great creativity is shown in pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sad story.

    But on a much lighter note, your brooches look lovely and I'm absolutely loving your stable door, glad to see that someone else loves them, not just me!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. it is sad to hear that someone you care about has gone through such a heartache. sending prayers of strength.
    xxrosey

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Suzie,
    I am so sad to hear about Mollye's son. The loss of a child is unimaginable to me-no matter how old they are. My thoughts and prayers go out to her!

    I loved horses as a kid and had my own pretend horse. I used to ride him everyday! Now I have a brand new puppy who is in love with her own reflection in the mirror and gazes lovingly at herself for long stretches of time:)

    I LOVE what you've been creating lately!!
    Have a good week:)
    xx Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a touching post...thank goodness love is free to give and receive!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You brought tears to my eyes without even having to read Mollye's post, but I will if I can summons the pluck, because I know I'll cry.
    Am I right in thinking you've moved into your new house? How wonderful. Did you have to pay extra for your invisable horse, or did he just come from your last house? I have a feeling he proabably came with you, as invisable horses are wont to do. My husband's imaginary friends turned up at our wedding. (curtesy of his much older brother's speech LOL!)
    Glad you are feeling better and making lovely paintings. I would love to know the name of that book eventually. It looks gorgeous, thanks to the pictures of course!
    Love Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello sweetie!
    Love the stable door... I always wanted one!
    Your "imaginary horse" must be very pleased, too!
    Sorry to hear about your friends loss...
    We easily forget that losing someone so unexpectely can happen to anyone of us!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now there's a coincidence. I've been making flowers all afternoon while L has been watching the football on television! I am making mine with a flower loom. You will see the results on my Blog when I've finished a few more.
    So glad you liked the mags.
    I love the idea of your invisible horse. What a good idea. I must think of something like that. Very creative.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi suzie sorry youve been ill, glad your on the mend now! your kitchen looks so homely and your secret project looks beautiful! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're so funny, I really ought to visit more often, but am so busy at the moment. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, but glad you're on the mend. The door looks lovely BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful post Suzie. I love how you ended it. Life is so full of ups and downs that we have to take it all in as it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I so agree with you about being in the moment & never taking any life for granted. We must always let our love be known...my thoughts & prayers go out to your dear friend.
    So glad I found your blog, it's lovely!
    I can't wait to follow along with you through life's GREAT adventures.
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's almost time for your next post and I'm only just getting over to say hi!

    Love your fantasy horse! ;o)

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi sweetie! Hope all is well!
    Thank you so much for following me!
    You have made my day!
    I`m now your follower too!
    HUGS,

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)