Thursday 17 June 2010

The laughing Hyena Strikes Again!!!

Hello lovely peeps!

Short post this week, as I am over run with work on the house, and I am feeling lousy with a cold too. So I apologise if I haven't been visiting as many blogs as I usually do!  This week we have had a joiner here, sawing, whirring and hammering! Let the grand makeover begin! We have bought paint for a few rooms, and I have been planning colour schemes. These little birds I made from a pattern in the Cath Kidston book 'Sew!' will give you an idea of the colours of the 'new' room, along with the buttons in my cake stand which will be stood on the dressing table,... the room that we are presently using as a dining room, will be transformed into a bedroom. Before and after pics coming soon!



It was gala week last week, and the procession went past our house last Saturday. You will be pleased to know that I was reduced to tears with giggling again, on my own in the front garden with an audience of people watching me from across the road. The culprit? Well it was a float going by, with the warbling  tones of what I can only describe as chipmunks on speed siniging a disco song! I staggered back to the front door, unable to see through the tears. I was shaking and was no longer able to make any noise..






Anyway, I pulled myself together and went back out to stand by the Owl Tree again... I am a grown-up, I am a grown-up, repeat seven times.. I am a grown-up ....Another float, with horns a blowing, aaahhh-haaaa, ahhhh-haaaa, like the kind that Harpo Marx from the Marx brothers always hooted as he ran about wildly. Well the image of Harpo in my head was too much, so I am afraid it set me off again! George was stood in the front room window watching me with disdain, which quite frankly just made me all the worse. "How old are you?" he asked me, when I went back in the house! 

 For those who don't already know, the Cath Kidston book featured above, has everything you need to make this handbag! Amazing value for money!  I added the gingham lining though, and replaced the white button supplied with my own gingham covered one. It is easy to make too!

Well thats it! Yep, I mean it! No doubt you are all in a deep state of shock at my short post, but I really do feel yuk, and really just want to curl up in a ball somewhere. You know that feeling when you feel as if someone has taken all the bones out of your body?   As my Mum used to say, I am only useful to be chopped up for fire wood! An expression she would always use when I was a good for nothing!

Blessings and giggles to you all!

Update! I have put my owls back on...... I missed them!!!

Suzie xxxx

28 comments:

  1. Oh poor snotty, giggly Juan tit. I've been sat here waiting for you to post....I know, I'm quite sad!! sending love & hope you have a speedy recovery.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Love the handbag - it is quite pretty. And those little birdies are adorable, too. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely mad, funny, and ever so sweet woman! The things that poor man has to put up with sometimes!! What a hoot you must have looked. Gosh a day with you would be a grand thing.

    Love your new bag. I think every one of those bags I've seen has been lined with gingham. But your button really takes the cake. Too cute. I want one too on my bag. Actually I've never used mine, I feel a bit silly with it for some reason. I'm a bit daft myself at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you wish upon a star, you can giggle where ever you are...dah dee dah dee dah dee dah...

    Get better quick...why? Because I said so...and eat your pea's and carrots and they will make your eyes turn blue...my mama's advice for you.

    I only have 6 more working days I'm done with that yucky job...they can find another generator to generate their money...big yucky so and so corporation...now I said it. Words seems to fly around here and that is the beauty of your blog...yep!

    Sending a prayer way up high for get well wishes.

    Toodle do...Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag, Suzie! Hope you feel better soon!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get better soon. Wish you live near me I could do with a good giggle! Love the bag, note to self must seek out CK book.
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear... I have had a bit of a sinus headache for the past couple of days... I hope you feel better soon... and carnivals are meant to be entertaining so laugh away... I have an eternal conundrum... why do we decorate and get the house lookig amazing before we sell them? I usually put up with the decor as the previous owner had it and then as soon as we decide to move I decorate it in all the colours I love... wierd huh!

    take care and big hugs you lovely lady!

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. bless you ! Get well soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your funny stories, dear Suzie, they always make me smile.
    I have the same bag from CK book (still need to finish it though) and it is indeed very easy to make.
    Hope you get well soon.
    Get plenty of rest!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That laugh was infectious across the internet suzie, i'm standing here in my shop, full of people,and me giggling away at your description of chipmunks, got a few funny looks. Absolutely love that bag and cute birdies. Thanks for your congratulations, i'm so excited about being published. Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do so love reading about your days. I hope you're feeling better soon and not over doing it with the house redo's. The colour is lovely!!!
    Have a fun weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzie,

    I bought that books when it first came out and have yet to make anything... In fact, I am ashamed to say I have yet to use my sewing machine since moving into the new house... YES I AM BAD! lol

    Hope you are feeling bettern soon :-)

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzie,
    My post was short and sweet too as I am getting ready to go on vacation for a week. I hope you feel better soon, and keep giggling-it's good for you! (I know that look of disdain a husband can have-I've seen it on my own husband's face!!)
    We are planning some major work on our house too and I'll have to post before and after pictures. When discussing our bathroom makeover I love using the word "gut" as in let's tear everything out and start fresh!
    Love your colors!
    Have a good weekend!
    Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. It's great that the Gala is still on! - I used to love being part of it - shame our 'Couple of Swells' theme got rained off! Do they still have the fairground at King Georges? I loved going to Death Night on ther Friday where you got cheap rides! I've never forgotten the guy who worked the speedway - Harry Hamer - I had SUCH a crush on him!!! Thinking about it, that was the year you came to the pit and I was showing you how to print the payable orders - oh, those memories of Moira!!!!!!! I'll never forget the times we had - they were fantastic! - I found a true soulmate in you!! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Ro! I feel the same about you! Really great times they were! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. No need to grow up unless you want to!!! A good giggle is always great :)

    Loving the birds, bags, buttons and 'broidery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI SUZIE, FROM LANCASHIRE!
    I`M ALSO FROM BEAUTIFUL LANCASHIRE!
    JUST HAD TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR CREATIVITY!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry that you are feeling pants. I am not really right yet, but have a date for more tests (7 July). Are you finding the book a good read - I really enjoyed it.

    I have a CK bag to make, but not got round to it - too much other stuff to fo.

    Take care, rest well and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Suzie! I'm so sorry to hear that you're not ok, hope you get better asap! I do love your old owls too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all your get well wishes, I am a tad better now thanks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I brought Sew when it first came out and am yet to make the bag or anything from the book yet... naughty me! You put me to shame.

    Have a good week,

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that bag and the sweet little birds! Take care of yourself! HUGS! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no, hope you're feeling better soon!

    Loving those little birdies and especially the colour combination, it looks like it's going to be very soothing and calming, I'll reserve my overnight stay there immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suie
    Get well soon honey and keep giggling!!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Cath Kidston. I don't know if we can get it over here? Probably, but it's expensive.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is lovely isn't it? Cath Kidston that is! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Suzie,
    hope you are feeling better......
    The Cath Kidston book is looking great!
    I just got their Sale catalogue in the post today, better check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh nooo sorry to hear you are unwell Suzie - get well soon! sending you lots of healthy vibes - kisses Kitty xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)