Thursday 10 June 2010

Kindness, magic, faith and a spot of laughter!

Hippy Happy Friday!

I think that the crazy as a loon fairy has been fluttering about in our home lately! Oh yes, that little fairy has definitely been visiting.

 I did this one yesterday, my latest little fairy, not looking particularily crazy, but a fairy nonetheless! The little creature hasn't been living with me long enough yet... give it time!

In the past when we have decided to move house, I start out by looking at potential properties on rightmove, and then usually get daydreams of a particular house stuck firmly in my head. It is a kin to falling in love, you just can't stop thinking of the object of your affection, and basically long to get your mitts on the blighter!

Well, this time, I have spotted a house that I really, really, (think!) I want to live in. I say think, because I actually haven't been to view it.  The fact of the matter is... that it is not even up for sale!  Yes, you heard that right,  NOT FOR SALE!  Put that together with the fact that we are not even up for sale yet either, and the fact that even if we were and we had a buyer, there is no reason to believe that said object of my affections would even be up for sale when we are, or even for years!   I know, the crazy fairy has me smitten with its's madness!

 One of my applique cross stitch designs, very simple... like the creator of it!

It is a sweet old cottagey type house, with original stained glass windows and the sweetest 1920's original front door! We have walked past it several times now, and no, sorry, I haven't got a photo, as I may well be arrested soon for stalking a house anyway, without standing at the front of it wildly snapping pictures as well!  It needs a lot of work (well, from the outside, it looks so!), It has a good sized garden (good old google bird's eye view maps!) So, we could still grow some of this.....

 Some of our veggies grownig happily in the veggie plot! 

And this.......

Ahhhh, Aubergines!

And these.....

Oh pretty flowers!  Such beauty!

I love a cottage garden, wild and full of wildlife, mysterious and magical. Oooh err and slightly rambling like me!

YES! I do, do , DO  believe in magic, I believe that what ever we can imagine is utterly and completely possible! SO,  I have been doing a spot of cosmic ordering! George says that if we end up living there, he will have me burnt at the stake for being a witch!

Talking of George, ha ha ha,  he did make me laugh yesterday morning! George, I am telling you, you are so funny! You ought to be bottled up and sold as a tonic!

I woke up and noticed that it was 8.30am, so I nudged George and said "GEORGE! Its 8.30!" He opened one eye and replied "SO!". I gave him a shake " GEORGE! Its 8.30!" He wasn't too happy, in fact he was coming accross a tad grumpy here. Another nudge, a shove in the ribs, another "GEE-ORGE"......reply- "WHAT????" he was not happy....he squints at me irritated and says.." ITS SATURDAY FOR GAWDS SAKE"  ...... "Errr, no George," I reply  "its Thursday!" ... Silence....then.... "ITS THURSDAY???!!!".   Ha ha ha, I have never seen him jump out of bed so quick..."BLOODY HELL!, Why didn't you tell me"  He says as he scurries around getting ready for work!!!



Now another, yes another big thank you, for a big huge dollop of  kindness! Look what the postman delivered yesterday!
 Kay! You are such a love,  it was wonderful  surprise! This is what I love about kindness! Kindness can lift your spirits, cheer you, make you feel cared for and loved. Kindness is infectious like a smile it sends out ripples of good feeling, and makes the world a nicer place to live in. Kay, made this lovely hanging for me, and recently did a post featuring this (you can read the post here).


 Look at the gorgeous charms, I love them!

 Yummy goodies too!



 The parcel had lots of goodies in as well as the hanging, and the sweetest enchanted garden card, with lovely words from Kay, which I will treasure with all my heart. Thank you so much Kay! You are one of those special people here on blogger (and Facebook!) who I feel a real connection with, and now consider a very good friend, and who make all of this waffling that I do, worthwhile!

As a matter of fact, I am so very lucky to have so many kind and wonderful friends in this huge and unseen blogland and facebook too.... thank you all!

I will leave you with this photo of my clematis.... now if thats not magic, I would like to know what is!


Every time I see this, my I gasp, and my eyes pop out! That conjures up a picture... gasping for breath, with my eyes a bulging. Ha ha, I had wanted it to sound a bit more romantic than that! I was aiming for more of a  Wuthering Heights effect than the Hunch Back of Notre Dame!


I wish you all happiness and love, and hope that that darn crazy fairy stays well away from you. Its too late for me I am afraid!  Now where did I put that book of spells.... hmmmmm?  :o)

Suzie xxxxxxxxx

31 comments:

  1. I just love your little fairy, so perfect. Where are the weeds in your veggie patch? You can barely see the veggies for weeds over here at the Acreage!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gill! There are weeds aplenty, honest! It is a losing battle at the moment! Thanks for visiting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several of those crazy fairies around me! Can I please have a large bottle of George? & an even bigger bottle of you!! I've written secret 'cosmos' notes on numerous occasions.....every little helps! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet fairy...and welcome him to here! In fact...tomorrow I'm going to announce a fairy book giveaway! Be sure to visit me tomorrow morning! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how precious your little fairy is. It amazes me how quickly you put things together. You are truly a beautiful artist in all ways. I always love seeing your garden too. Makes me sad for the loss of my own. Between the drought and not being able to use water much here and my back not letting me do the work it's really gone down hill. Even my wisteria seems to be blossoming slow this year.
    Poor George, I have had more mornings like that then I care to recall. I hope his entire day didn't go that way.
    I'm glad your package made it there as I don't trust the postal workers much. They can be brutal with the mail sometimes.
    Hope you have a wonderfully lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Suzi, you are just SO very talented! Your artwork is so gentle and sweet. :) I do adore seeing all those lovely flower photos - that clematis is the same color as ours! Your George story is too funny - and I have had the same things happen to me. I'll wake up thinking it's the completely wrong day! LOL Happens to the best of us. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Suzie, you are so sweet!! And poor George! I hate HATE those mornings when you wake up and it's a totally different day than you thought it was- it makes the rest of the day seem so hectic! Is there any way you can snap a picture of the cottage you admire so much? I would love to see that door! ;)

    So nice of Kay to share all those wonderful things with you. I know you must be overjoyed! Take care~ Stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzie, your fairy drawings are always lovely. What goodies to receive! I'm sure those made you smile. (Cute charms.)

    I am certain a fairy lives in the clematis!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The painting, I just love it. You had another parcel too with lovely goodies.
    Could I borrow the crazy fairy?
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow isnt your garden doing well, send some of that magic this way please. I could use a little helpful fairy right now. I hope you find your dream house, whichever dream it may be

    ReplyDelete
  11. your little teacup fairy does look like he is looking for something !( a new home for you? )
    Sometimes showing an interest in a house which isn't for sale gives them the nudge they need !
    We lost out on renting a sweet little house but a year later - we bought it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Suzie,

    Gorgeous fairy really cute.

    Oh poor George! I feel so sorry for him thinking it Saturday when it was only a Thursday! What a blow. lol.

    I do peek occaisionally on rightmove too. Get bored of all the re-sale but "New" houses that are on there for our price range, (where we live we are over run with them and I hate them yuk!) and then looked a very expensive houses and dreaaaammmmm. I have wanted to move for a long time but we cant afford to at the mo, trouble is I think I have built up such a picture in my mind over the years as to what I want I am pretty sure the dream house does not exist!

    So I think the mad fairy has already been here! lol. Great post as ever Suzie have a lovely weekend.



    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dear Suzie!
    What a lucky girl! Lots of amazing goodies. And I have to say I love that clock in the picture number 6. :)
    I have those big Clematis in my garden too. Aren't them just amazing?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That clematis is amazing, it looks painted, can't get over that flowers and colours like that just appear naturally!

    I love house envy. There's some gorgeous houses near where I go to the anti-coagulant clinic and every time I walk past them I have a little daydream about living in them and how amazing it would be (not least that I'd be so close to the clinic!)

    LOVE that applique cross stitch as well, so simple and yet absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't take a photo of the vehicle as I didn't have a camera and I was driving.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzie your garden is as beautiful and magical as your stitchery. And George, well you two could just not be matched any better! Luvs ya both, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzie! I love, love, love your fairy! I am laughing at poor George thinking it was Saturday. I have had days like that! What a lot of lovely goodies you received! Wowzer!!!!!! I am like you with rightmove also! Forever on it and dreaming of the perfect house when I come across it. One day! ha ha! Have a fantabulous weekend! he he! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love your art & your stitching is beautiful!!
    Will spend the day in one of my fav places...The garden!!
    Have a Great Weekend!!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Friday Suzie!
    Is George awake? Just checking!!
    I know what you mean about houses-there are a few in this town that I could imagine living in, and yet I love my own house too. It's just that I LOVE old houses, and I always wonder, when I see an adorable one what it's like on the inside. (I always feel like I'm "cheating" on my house-wondering about those other houses!)
    I know I would feel so at home in your garden-it reminds me of my own-but alas I can't get clematis to grow. This year my Blaze climbing rose is spectacular though!
    By the way-the crazy fairy's sister moved in a while ago-she took up residence in my sewing room-yikes!
    Have a lovely weekend:) Love, xxxx, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would swap the crazy fairy for the morbid and depressing fairy thats been sat hunched up in the corner of my lounge, dejectedly wafting her wand and spreading dusty nothingness all around... mind you I have given her a run for her money today and started to get her closer to the window so that I can shoo her out... I think its about time the tidy fairy and her sister cheerful turned up! lol

    You should write a letter explaining you love of their house and asking them if one day they ever decided to sell could they contact you to let you have first refusal... I think if you wrote them a letter explaining all the features that you love and why they would be over the moon to just know that someone loves their house perhaps as much as they do... especially if its ripe for developement... don't you just hate it when people buy an old almost original house and then rip out all the features and make it into a modern box.. shouldn't be allowed! ;D

    Poor George... I have heard of people thinking Friday is Saturday but goodness me he must have been looking forward to the weekend! lol

    big hugs Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Suzie, that little tea cup fairy is soo gorgeous? I feel sure he can't be the loon fairy that is lurking at your place. I have no recipe for exorcising the loon fairy, infact I am given to encouraging them myself and enjoying their influence. What fun going house stalking with one such as George! House stalking is good for the soul, whatever the outcome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The house sounds lovely. I hope some magic happens and you get it. As for George, you just remind him that before he can have you burned at the stake, you'll turn him into a newt (or turn every single morning into Thursday!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Since you love to dig in the dirt and I imagine get a certain something called satisfaction from pulling up weeds you may want to come to read about my weed pulling adventure and so on and so forth we go with no period to speak of, hello George and Suzie...ring a ding dong went the alarm the crazy fairy has arrived and she understands the dreams of a home to come as she has followed Jacqueline to the ends of the earth and back and found a yellow farm house with a white porch and cows in the pasture and a shed that is leaning to the right with all it's might and she wants to buy the house too just like Suzie and perhaps one day we will sit on the porches together you with your home and me with mine and we will exchange crazy fairy days with no periods allowed to Suzie from the girl with the curl period

    ReplyDelete
  24. You never know, your dream house may come on the market. Keep wishing and cast a little spell!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't crazy fairies come hand in hand with being a mother? It's a wonder I maitain my sanity sometimes. I love your beautiful fairy in a teacup, gorgeous!
    Oh, i hope you get the house you're smitten with, that would be lovely. Maybe there's one just as perfect out there, that maybe needs a little less work too. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmm I have a good feeling about the house with the stained glass and 1920's front door.......

    bUT then again I have lots of good feelings about lots of stuff!I shall add my vibrations to yours and what will be will be!

    Yes you are of course quite right Magpie was always fond of a military short fringe slightly curved at the edges!!!!! Love her!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey sweetie!!! How many days still left to another great and funny Friday post like this one??!! Hope you're having a good week!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Only a few more days til fridays post now Michela! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fairies and foxgloves?!?! I am in heaven!!! Two of MY favorite things!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)