Friday 15 January 2010

Tag you are IT again!

Gosh is it Friday again already?  Yes, apparently it is! It will be time to get the chrissy decorations out again before you know it!

I have been busy sewing as usual, and have just been drawing a set of seasons stitcheries. But first I will finally get around to sewing this design which I drew a while ago now.




Also I started sewing some curtains for my living room,but then a my friend gave me some that she didn't want anymore so now I have half a curtain and a proper pair! Like waiting for that bus hey, waiting for ages ,not a one in sight and then two come at once!

Since my unexpected post on Tuesday I have been tagged again, this time by the very lovely, interesting and highly readable blogger The Girl at Living with a Boy. Honestly a blog well worth the visit, such a unique talent for writing darn good stuff!  Anyway I have to list 10 things which make me happy, so (some are the same as my last list) here goes!:

1. My home-- I may be the most boring person in the world, but there is nowhere I love being more than my home. I love making it into a cosy little nest, and this house is an ongoing project, but bit by bit it is getting there!  Anything associated with home makes me all warm and fuzzy inside- baking, cooking.....Watching my veggies grow in the patch is excruciatingly happy making!




 We are actually trying to keep growing the odd edible delight during the winter too!




2. The long suffering George who has put up with me all this time and been there through some very dark times. He is like a still water in a stormy night, calm, unruffled, deep and re-assuring. I love his nature, his outlook on life, oooh errrr.... and his cooking!  He is tolerant, understanding, forgiving and a truly good and wise soul.

3. Like The girl, I love marmite! You either love it or hate it, well I love, love love it!  YUM. But what happens is that you start off by spreading it rather thinly, but then an addiction takes place and the spreading goes on thicker and thicker! Ooooh marmite on a big crust of bread, because I also love crusts and sometimes in our house there is just the middle bit of the loaf left, and a rather guilty looking me sat in the corner with marmite round my chops!




4. Well obviously being able to create,  thats a no-brainer!  I love making things! I only wish I had at least 12 arms so that I could be faster at it and get more done!

5. Nature, which includes animals, walking, gardening and anything that involves getting close to the nitty gritty of life and getting dirt on you!




My children when they were younger on one of our many hikes!

6. I have to say again music! To me it is like a medicine for my soul, I could not imagine a life without it!

7. Anything 1920's, I love the flappers, the fabulous clothes, the furniture, architecture, the dancing and just the general atmosphere of that era!





This is a drawing of a coat which I have, It is very 1920's! Well the real coat is more so than this drawing!


8. Eccentricity and observation- I love eccentric people, like my all time favourite- Quentin crisp! He was a natural observationalist with a wonderful slant on life!  Also I really enjoy Alan Bennett's wonderful writings, especially the Talking Heads series, but all of his wonderful observational works will make me happy!



 Quentin Crisp, now sadly has left this earth, what a wonderfully original man he was!

9. Watching lots of movies, especially the older ones - Doris Day, Cary grant, Bobe Hope (fantastic one-liners!) James Stewart, etc. I just adore them! Like music though,  I enjoy a varied choice -  new and old alike.

10. Finally all types of comunication.... anything that makes me laugh, as I so do love a good laugh. Sometimes when things are not so funny, I am lucky enough to be able to seek out the funny side and still smile.  I also love nothing more than a deep and meaningful conversation about the universe, the paranormal and all that is mysterious, this fascinates me... like where does space end?




Also People with a good attitude and a sense of humour are treasures, and if that goes side by side with a tolerant nature and openess and compassion to all things, then I admire them hugely and,  yes, knowing that there are people just like that in our world today makes me fill up with happiness!



Now I will tag ---

Penny from The Hen House
Mummy boo bear from Stitcherypockery
Mummy Mad from TheMadhouse
Julie at KC's Court
Aunt Spicy
Florence and Mary
Jacqueline at Auntie Jacquelines
Coco Rose
Valerie at For The Love Of Pete
Lavender Dreamer
Carolyn at Love Stitching Red
Sharon at My Passport to Style

Tag you're it!  If I didn't get you this time watch out! I can't wait to read everyone's lists! Now where did I put that marmite?

Until next Friday have a jolly spiffing week chaps!

Suzie. xxx

31 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for the tag, I will put my thinking cap on. Love the photo of your children and I an very envious that you have a green house. Isnt it stange about people flocking together who have the same "likes" even on the WWW. I love gargening and growing my little veg patch and creating too, but I HATE MARMITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you there are more Tags flying around Blogland than in M7 s ! Thank you .

    I'm afraid I don't share your love of Marmite ! but I do of eccentric people ( think I'm turning into one ! )

    I can't wait to start my Veggie plot but will need a " stupis's guide to veggie growing "

    Love the Twenties era and a good conversation so long as it's not a heated debate and not with hyper intelligent people who make me feel ignorant !

    200th post tomorrow & a competition of sorts !

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops that should have been M & S !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marmite I dislike but all your loves are so similar to mine... apart from your lighthouse of a man in your occasional stormy sea ... but I do have my very own to keep me sane and level...

    I love the design of your new stitchery...I wait in excited anticipation to see it in all its thready goodness!

    X Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This award and tag is spreading around real quickly!!! What a well-thought list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Suzie,

    Thanks for the tag I will have to have a think about that one. Although there are a few of yours on there I can relate to. Being a very round peg trying to fit in square holes all my life I agree with you about quirky people. I definately love a good deep conversation about the things we cant see. Used to love a good debate when i was younger but dont seen to have the same engery for it now! lol.

    Oh and Marmite LOVE IT! yum.

    Cant wait to see you your new stitchery, Gorgeous as always I am sure!

    Have a lovely week/end.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post!! I really loved it!!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh stop it you'll make me blush!

    And I've been known to eat Marmite with a spoon. Have you ever had it in a bacon sandwich? Marvellous.

    Love the drawing at the top of the page, can't wait to see it once you've brought it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely!..you've been tagged again and I haven't sorted out mine yet! I will do it asap!
    Have a fantastic weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzie!
    I just loved to read though your list. And I have to say the your drawing is just super adorable!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey little woman, What a deeeeeelightful read today. I managed to check up on you first thing as I enjoy my cuppa the day. Coffee that is! Oh you are fun and happy and a little dingy at times and that my little friend is what makes you so special. Have a wonderous weekend,you and Mr. G. Love ya, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all that you love! Pass the marmite please....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how similar we are, I too love Marmite, the thicker the better, the flapper era was amazing and funnily enough my latest rag dolls are being modelled on flappers have been doing rough sketches of clothing/looks. Walking just love it, don't have enough time to do the garden well am awaiting turf so actually have some sort of garden, but unfortunately at the bottom of a very long list of wants. Love your latest stitch design can't wait to see the completed piece.
    Have a great weekend. Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo i love reading other peoles tags!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tee hee...I'm all about "tag you are it" as you know..Gretta from Gothere is playing hide and seek over on the Nowhere blog! Auntie Jacqueline thinks this is so FUN too!
    I so appreciate getting to know you more. You are such a delightful mixture of depth and whimsy. I love your appreciation for life and the fact you ask questions. Quentin, what a life, well lived and given. Tah Tah until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those were great things you picked to share about yourself. I enjoyed reading more about you! I really love that picket fence birdhouse drawing- It's so sping-y and cute!! It would look perfect on a tote.

    Suzie, you are such a sweetie. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you've listed one of my biggest heroes - Quentin Crisp. I saw The Naked Civil Servant back in the 70's and it's shaped the way I've look at things ever since. I saw his one-man show (80's, I think) and met him during the interval.
    Can highly approve of most other things on your list, except Marmite. I'm a hater, I'm afraid.
    Love the drawing you're about to sew. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I have never heard of Marmite, I don't know if I am a lover or a hater!!!!

    It was fun reading your "happy" list!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I'm in the hate it catergory! When I was in school in the sixties and I wanted to be like my frind and have sandwiches and on the few occasions mum let me have them I had to have Marmite & Tomato or Cucumber YUK! I think it was mum's way of saying no you cannot have sandwiches. My eldest son loves it though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found myself agreeing with so many of the things that make you happy. My home would be way up there too along with my dog, I am afraid when it comes to Marmite though I am not keen.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the tag!! I will get that done next week… hmmmm now what makes me happy?!

    Have a great weekend

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful drawing for your next embroidery! I love your drawings, they are perfect for stitching. Do you sell them as kits or patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzie, thanks for tagging me. I totally agree with your number 1 and share a few others as well. I will get round to my tag very soon but it won't be this weekend. Guess what, I finally knitted the tea cosy! Will show that soon as well with links etc. Got to get my thinking cap on now ...

    Have a lovely weekend
    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suzie: It is so nice to read about all the things you love. Some I already knew, just by following your blog. You are a sweet, very caring person. No wonder you got tag! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you know, this is the first tag I have ever, EVER received! Thanks, I am so excited! It may be a couple posts but I am going to have so much fun doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Suzie!
    You can email me at Matthew1039amen@yahoo.com. I have signed up also for your newletter and visited your shop. I have never cross stitched in my life. Do you just sell the patterns or do you sell the finished product also? I am interested in the "Meeting" stitchery with the wee girl and the fairy. Oh, how I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Susie
    thank you for your kind caring comments just recently, they have really meant alot to me.
    i love your happy list, and your veg patch does look great, we've got a cold frame this year so hopefully we might have some nice home grown bits through out the winter too,well fingers crossed! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Suzie!
    Thanks ever so much for your message! :D All is OK here but I'm ready to go any day...shame baby isn't! Hopefully I'll have news soon. Ooooh and I've been really getting into stitchery the last month after treating myself to a few Tilda kits; I can't get enough of it now and I can see why you love it! Look forward to typing news for you soon. I hope the new year is treating you and yours well. Lots of love and smiles, Lucy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lucy thanks! Can't wait to hear your baby is here at last! Yes stitchery is very addictive! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Suzie,
    Thanks for tagging me-and I had to agree heartily when I saw old movies on your list-I adore them too and need to stop watching them so I can get on with my own list!
    Love your blog now and always-it is such a nice place to visit:)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely - more info about you!!!! I am a Marmite LOVER!!! Yummy!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)