Sunday 12 July 2009

Just a late night thought!



I was sat at the table after a lovely meal and a glass of cava gazing out of the window at the magnificent very large, very old, very wise tree, mesmorised by its ancient beauty and spirit, when it suddenly struck me that we get so caught up in the past and the sadness of lost opportunities and disappointments, that we become blind to the opportunities of the present. I remembered that exciting feeling of being young and new, where there was always something just around the corner promising some kind of new adventure. Every moment was bursting with new hope. Do you know the feeling? Then, suddenly, I realised that we, or I can be at times so weighed down by the past, that I am not leaving enough room for all the wonderful opportunities right in front of me! Maybe there still is that exciting feeling round that corner, if only I direct my gaze onto it. Maybe we have forgotten how to lay ourselves open to a different perspective? I think on the whole I am open, but maybe a tad jaded! We, when we were children lived in the moment for most of the time, filled with openess, or at least I did, believing in everything! Just imagine if as adults we got just one real bit of that back..., wonderful! A trust and innocence in the future. By the way the tree is the Owl tree of Owl tree cottage crafts!

8 comments:

  1. I love love love Tree's and this one is lovely.
    Thank you for your comment and no it is not an X-ray but keep guessing. I love seeing what people think?
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, not two feet but your cracking me up.
    I will hint you.
    most everyone has one of these today and they use it for entertainment.
    Brittany
    try again...
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a truer word spoken. Having my daughter has helped me live in the moment & be full of excitment at the smallest things.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goof ball
    I will hint you.
    most everyone has one of these today and they use it for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 29 yro daughter and I were discussing this very subject last Saturday. I told her I spend so much of my time chasing the butterfly of happiness that I never feel happy. She told me that she believes only children can be happy all the time. Because children live in the moment and don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. She says that's why they're always asking 'are we there yet' because they're living in the moment and expecting that moment to be now. How wonderful if we could all learn to be children again and live in the moment because that's all we really have or are promised...this moment in time.
    Thanks for that thoughtful post, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Carolyn! I love what you said "chasing the butterfly of happiness", it is so tru, it flutters invitingly just out of reach and we try to catch it, all the time missing the moment, which as you say is all we actually have. You know exactly what I mean!

    And Laura Bray, you are so right, it is the little things that matter the most, worth more than all the riches in the world.

    Papermoonies, I love trees too, growing up next to a forest as I did.

    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate hearing all you wonderful, wise thoughts! Suzie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Listen to the Whispers... They Are Wise" from my tree painting.

    Suzie.. this post is so uplifting and special. I really enjoyed it.

    LOVE your drawings too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Canace, and how lovely of you to bother to read my old posts too!!! I really appreciate your wonderful comments!

    Suzie XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)