Friday 24 July 2009

My drawings and childhood memories!

Hello again! Looks like Friday is my blog day! Although I do remember writing my late night thoughts on another day, I think. Anyhow, last time I posted I promised to show some of my original drawings, just to illustrate where some of my cross stitch and stitchery patterns arise from. Well here are two of my original drawings. The girl with a fairy has been made into a cross stitch pattern, and at the moment it is only available as a pattern and not a full kit, but later....maybe. The other drawing has not been made into anything yet, and you may be able to tell by looking at it, it has not been very well looked after I'm afraid to say, coffee and tea stains adorn it! Gives it character? Erhh, possibly not! This one is definitely a drawing based on my childhood in Nova Scotia in Canada. Just looking at it, I can remember the coldness of the snow and the crunch, crunch under foot. You can't possibly know this, but just after I drew these children they all layed down on the snow to make snow angels! Does anyone remember doing that? I definitely do! Down by the church two children run wild with their dog, I can hear their giddy laughter from here!








Well until my next post, which probably will be next Friday (!) I wish you all love and joy!

Suzie. X

4 comments:

  1. lovely!!!
    yes I had a guess
    it is an upclose photo shot in the dark with shutter wide open of one end of my dvd player

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! YOU DID THESE? I love them and I know I like you already. I just read your comment on another blog and found you. I love to be different too and there is certainly not enough of the right kind of that today.

    Linda K at unlimited possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda, I'm overwhelmed by all the wonderful comments I am receIving! I am so happy to meet you and all the other lovely people I have met through blogging so far! Yes long live difference and eccentricity! Suzie. X

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)