Friday 17 July 2009

Rainy day stitching


Yes, it is one of those rainy summer days, too wet to enjoy the garden, and I have done all of those jobs which actually never seem to end! So I thought I would share another one of my stitcheries with you all. This one is from one of my drawings, which brings back all my childhood memories of searching for pixies and fairies in between leaves and stones. Yes I really did search for them .... A lot!
At night, I would lie in bed with my eyes half closed to fool the fairies into thinking I was fast asleep. Thinking that I would see them flying about in my room. The downside of this pursuit was that I was usually tired at school! Yet I believed with all my heart that if I persisted, I would see one! Now as an adult (and there are quite a few people who would argue with that description!), I enjoy revisiting that childhood innocence and trust in all things, by drawing and sewing my dreams into reality.

I would love to hear stories about what imaginings you remember from your childhoods!

Next time I will post some of my artwork/drawings to share with you and to show where some of my stitching starts from! Suzie X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)