Friday 21 August 2009

Make a little birdhouse in your soul!

Happy Friday!

Well it's been a busy week since I last posted, and I really don't know where the time has gone. You know what people say... "My how time flies when your'e having fun", and I reply, "It's a good job I'm not having any then isn't it!" Only joking, I have plenty!
This video is only short, about 30 seconds or so, so have a little look, it rather sets the mood for the rest of my post, have to listen to the words though!







I love bird houses, any shape, size or colour, they look so cute out in the garden.. or in the house!




































Well yes birdhouses are easy to see and understand, but what about souls? The other day I was listening to a program on the radio in which the existence or non-existence of soul was being discussed. In one camp it was being argued that we humans are just a bundle of matter, chemicals and electrical impulses and that all our emotions and experiences (including spiritual and intuitive) were just a series of reactions from our brains circuitry. The other camp insisted that no, it can't just be explained away with science, and that we do all have a soul, and there are many stories and experiences which can't be explained through reason or logic. You can probably guess what my opinion is already!


I could feel a little bee in my bonnet starting to buzz about !


This is a little stitchery I sewed up this week using simple stitches. Click on it for larger view.

I believe with all my heart that we all have a soul, and if we haven't, then surely we are no more than animated robots. How do we explain the inner strength that people find when faced with illness or some other hardship or trauma in life, where does the spirit come from?
Where does creativity arise from if not from the soul?

"Every artist dips his brush in his soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."
Henry Ward Beecher, 1813-1887

I believe that creativity, emotions and human spirit are reflections of our souls shining through into our physical world, and the more everone remembers to acknowledge their souls, the better. The mind I feel is very apart from our soul, in the sense that our minds (conscious) are more rooted to material interests and needs. Our souls are not interested in the material world.

"The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread"
D.H.Lawrence.

Yes, I think our world has become too materialistic on the whole and it needs to start nurturing it's souls!




A pencil drawing I did yesterday. A little pixie is waiting for Mrs. Bird to fly back to take him down from the birdhouse, in the meantime a tiny spider weaves it's web. Click on it for more detail.


So to sum up, what a miserable world it would be, with no real meaning at all, if there was no such thing as a soul. Furthermore, since I am a person who still hopes for fairies in the garden, and wishes for more magic in life, then of course I believe in souls. Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it does not exist. After all, You can't see me, and I really do exist, sadly for George, my poor husband (pronounced Geeoawrge)!

Finally for this week, Pumpkin is definitely turning orange! Pics next week, maybe. Until next week, get your souls out and give them a good polish!

Ta ta old beans! Suzie X


23 comments:

  1. Hi Susie. Love bird houses too. Umm not sure what I believe in apart from Mother Nature. I learn T'ai Chi and it is linked to the elements & nature. However read my ghost story & you will see that I do believe in the unbelievable....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love a good ghost story bad penny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.
    I have the original of that song on cassette somewhere, that brings back memories! Gorgeous stitching and as a new reader, this is the first time I've have seen any of your sketches; gorgeous! I'm all for a bit of soul nurturing, for me it's done by getting creative. I like to be calm, peaceful, creative and try to always see the positives; it's just a nicer way to live. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie scroll back a bit to Bed time story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true Lucy, it is a nicer way to live. So glad you enjoyed visiting again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are very creative!
    Love the drawing and the stitching!

    It has been so long since I have done drawing or embroidery... I keep meaning to get myself some supplies and start again!

    I have to admit to having a soft spot for birdhouses :-) When I get my house I am def having one in the garden!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah what a lovely post and so true...if you can't believe in the unseeable what is left?
    I love your stitching and drawings. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose and kay, thanks for visiting my blog! i have left comments on your blogs! Thank you both! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pencil drawing - it's like an innocent soul emerging from its cocoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ro,I am so glad to see you and other people who keep coming back and supporting me. It's lovely, it really is! I really admire your insight too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to comment on this adorable post,as birdhouse in your soul is one of husbands favourite lyrics,so much so I customised a birdhouse for his xmas present.It is covered in pink and white stripes and is inscribed, a birdhouse for your soul.Love Bee in your bonnet stiching!Sxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sharon! I really love the sound of the birdhouse you customised, please put a pic of it on your blog some time! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love yout blog already! Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Next, stop after coming here...STITCHING!
    fondly, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some very deep thinking there Suzie girl. Love the pencil sketch of your pixie and the birdhouses are addictive huh? Thanks for visiting and commenting on my contest giveaway Good luck, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello from one cottager to another! I agree with you entirely! And I feel quite sad for people who exist in an utterly material world. The birdhouses are wonderful - it is great to discover your blog!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a little something over at my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Sarah, thanks so much for choosing my blog, and for the award, just have to work out how to get it!!!! I am having a duh day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can't learn everything all in one go either! Just hover over the picture and right click the mouse. Save as picture. Easy as pie. Can't wait to read your list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for visiting me :-) even better now ive found your lovely blog - fab drawings and stitching and loving the owls as well :-)
    Lesley (notesfrommydays)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Lesley, really appreciate you reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there Suzie.

    Thank you so much for poping onto my blog and leaving a comment and for following me too.

    I love your blog and this post. I have always believed in spirits and souls and otherworldlyness. I am not religious in a God sense, but do believe there has to be more than just this. Not that this is always bad mind. And i agree with you if we are just a bunch of matter and electrowhatsits, then we would be be nothing more than annimated robots.

    Thank you for such a thought provoking post.
    Will be back to visit you again soon.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe in soul, and I hope that many of my departed loved ones and family pop by and are with me in spirit... I am not a godly church going person, but to get through life these days you have to believe there is a greater purpose otherwise what is the point to it all...

    I too hope one day to spy the fairies at the bottom of the garden and love all types of houses... birds, woodland folks and bees... I am however a little fed up with my own... ;D I could do with a really good de-clutter and I could do with being a clean freak and being more organised.... lol

    lovely post, thanks for popping by...

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your illustrations and your embroidery patterns Suzie. thanks for making the connection and commenting on my blog! happy stitches Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)