Wednesday 26 August 2009

Passing on the blog award!

Hello friends!
I am writing an extra post this week, as I have very happily and humbly received an award from Sarah at 'Red Gingham'. I am overwhelmed that she has thought so kindly of my ramblings! Now It is my job to pass it on to five blogs which I enjoy visiting! Firstly though I think I am supposed to share five obsessions of mine! I thought I would tie mine in with the five senses. So here goes...

1). Sight - Rainbows and that beautiful light after it rains, the sparkle on the water when the sun shines, trees! and a mix of fabrics with stripes, checks, flowers and polka dots with lots of colour! Yes colour, colour and more colour! People's smiles!

2). Sound - Music, I love so many different types of music, heavy, soft, folk, rock and I really love loud music! I think I would shrivel up and wither if I didn't have some kind of music on at some point in the day! It lifts my spirits when I'm low and makes my soul soar. Also I love the universes gift of thunder! The crunch crunch of autumn leaves under foot. Jumping in puddles, splish splash (how old am I?) The sound of laughter!

3). Smell - The fragrance of flowers, the smell of grass freshly mown. The breezy summery scent of fresh sheets from the washing line and that certain smell when Autumn arrives!

4). Touch - I love anything creative which I can get my hands to work on, sewing, knitting, drawing. I adore the feel of soft felt or the grain of fabric. Stroking my dogs! running my fingers over french knots!

5). Taste - Licorice sticks! Marmite ( you either love it or hate it!), honey, red wine and real ale!
The cold fresh taste of snow flakes on your tongue! Ooooh, and a nice cup of tea , egg and toast soldiers!



Everything stops for tea!




















The feel of french Knots!









Now I am cheating! I have to add..... angels, fairies and all otherworldlyness too, can't leave those out!!!

There are so many, but I have to stop somewhere!

Now onto the blog award! This has been so difficult, because there are so many wonderful ones out there! I have spent nearly all afternoon trying to decide and I don't like leaving people out at all. In the end I decided to keep it to only blogs which touched on sewing and cottagey type of homes, that way I don't feel bad about other ones I like to visit.


Troc Broc and Recup
Lucy's Loves In Life
Henhouse
Mary Poppins
A Fine Feathered Nest


So just pick up your 'A Fabulous Blog' award from my sidebar when you leave here!

Until my next post on Friday, blessings to you all!

Suzie xxx :)

17 comments:

  1. Goodness me what a lovely lot of stitchery pokery to catch up on!
    And yes I do vehemently believe in Fairies, in fact I am absoloutely convinced I am descended from a very long line of Cornish Piscies! I only have to look at an Arthur Rackham Illustration and I am strangely transported to another dimension! tee hee!
    So pleased you won an award, I should say richly deserved, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah-Jane! I love your blog, it is beautiful and I will be visiting you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the pretty award, I love it, so I don't forget I shall post it on my sidebar and then do my obsessions, of which I probably have too many ;)

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the award :-)

    I like it when we have to do stuff like this, cos it means we all learn a little bit more about each other!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well deserved award. Your five obsessions made lovely reading :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments, Mary Poppins, Rose and Lucy! You are all so lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie,
    thank you for popping over to my blog and for following me, i love your blog, its gorgeous, your sewing is really pretty! everything stops for tea here too!! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you both bad penny and fliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS...that egg & toast looks good !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much for becoming a follower of my blog. Great to see my 'fabulous blog' photo on your sidebar! It all started because I couldn't work out how to pass on the award I had been given, so did a photo of my own!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the award, hon! I'm glad you thought of me.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Welcome Deb, and thanks for the photo Pomona! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the lovely blog award! I've placed it with honour!
    I love your blog and so glad you have it for me to drool over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for my blog award as well. I am so excited it is my first one. I keep looking out my kitchen window at the neighbors apple trees so I can make a pie...but he told me " These are for my family and my family only." I doubt he would share. Not that great of a first thing to say to a new neighbor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful comments. I appreciate each and everyone more than you can imagine! They make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and I read and appreciate every one of them. I always try to answer them, but if you don't get a response it will be because I couldn't find a link to you. Suzie. XXX :)